End of customization?

greenpixie

More please!
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
Hey all, did you see this email yet?
232.jpg

Due to strategic and personal reasons, March 31st will be the last chance to order your
custom-made IGNES bag until further notice*. You can benefit from a 20% discount on all orders,
including our new Spring & Summer leathers!

That was the best thing about Ignes I am sad if this is really the end of being able to customize bags. I think I will finally pull the trigger on the black Emilia I have been wanting, if they have the leathers I wanted available still.

Just got it but Maria gave a lot of people a heads up earlier I believe as a lot of orders are being placed/contemplated. I'd thought the discount was 30% on bags however - can anyone clarify this?

erm...from what Maria said to me was that some people were informed ahead of time and were offered the 30%...and once the newsletter was released, it would be 20%. But, it doesn't hurt to ask to get the 30% since many of us on tpf are receiving it :biggrin:

I know, I am not sure what it means to buy an Ignes if you can't choose the leather. Maria didn't really answer my questions about that. I mean, if they offer styles and a good number of leathers that they come in, it might not be so crushing a blow. On the other hand, if they continue to sell bags at all, they will be inundated with people asking for more information about the leathers since the website pictures are not very helpful.

^^ I asked her that as well. She said that it would be something to discuss after March.

Plus, isn't it kinda funny that others who have a "local representative" might still be able to customize? lol Or at least that's what I thought the little note at the end sad if you click on the link...

Yes, I noticed that and figured it was talking about Ryvyan's representative that she has mentioned. They just need to get a representative in North America/Europe or something!

I mentioned it in the chat a while ago when I was placing my order....
It is sad but she said it is not cost effective and requires so much work & time. She hardly had a maternity leave with her 1st and now she and Ignacio are expecting a little one. She is due about 2 weeks before me, a boy.

I was surprised to hear people went somewhere to order the purses. I have always spoke (well chatted via chat) with Maria because I do not believe there is anyone near me that I could order through. Although I understand the reasons, I will be sad as I have told Maria there is not another company that I have ever dealt with that has the level of customer service that Ignes has. Since they are discussing the future after the customizations are done, I hope they miss it after a year or so and comes back!

Wish I could become a rep- do it from home and not have to go back to work. LOL
Head of U.S. sales... now that would be a dream...but I'm sure I'd need a pretty penny to start that operation up. :sad:

Oh god this is so depressing. I didn't receive the email so I don't know about the local representative bit, can someone expand on that information?

I think they are to reduce the workload on Maria's behalf because mine said she knows about the limits of customisation so she'd probably be the one sending it directly to manufacturing. It would also reduce shipping requirements because multiple bags are usually shipped at one go.

Ryvyan, you could chat with Maria and mention that you are on tpf and are a repeat customer and get her to send you the newsletter. You have to sign up for it on their Website.

I think I am going to suggest at some point that they schedule the customization at certain times a year....twice a year? Once they have their new babies and get a grip on things. If they are doing it constantly, then of course it would be too much to handle.

Euridice, I thought I'd be sent the newsletter once I've ordered. Glad that they have such a stand though; I'd be annoyed if I happened to buy just one thing and they put me on their list automatically :biggrin:

Anyway Aarathi (representative for Singapore and Malaysia) got back to me regarding some questions I have. Going to just mention the ones about customisation here:

1. Customisation
Yes it is true that for strategic reasons IGNES HQ has decided to stop accepting customised orders, unless it comes from reps. So yes, the customisation option still applies if you are happy to go through me. I will be making the orders on your behalf directly to the production facility.

She's the only representative other than Maria mentioned by name on 'Ignes - Contact Us', but maybe there are others that have never been mentioned and who keep a lower profile? Since Aarathi's email mentioned "reps".

I'll probably keep my order till later since the option of customisation is still available to me. Even though Aarathi is lovely to communicate with, I'm not so sure if I'm entirely confident of leathers working out for me because she does not have the 1st hand look with purchasing the leathers. But it means I have plenty of swatches locally so it's not as bad I guess.