Enamel bangle silver end breaking off

susanvon

susanvon
O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
I put my new enamel bangle on Wednesday, when I was in DC for the private sale, and the silver end of the bangle came apart away from the actual enamel part.
Now I am at my place in Florida and have a bracelet that I cant wear.
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do? I assume that Hermes will have it repaired. Since these bracelets are made in Austira by MIchela Frey Wille, are they sent back to Austria or does Hermes try to repair them locally?
Any help/suggstions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Susan von
Love Hermes Love Wien

andee

O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
The new enamels are made in France and wil have France stamped inside rather than Austria. I think Frey Wille is out of the picture.

Ammietwist

Feb 5, 2006
If you're really wild about the bracelet, you can do the same thing they'll do and glue it back. A little epoxy in three or four spots in the rim (apply inside with a toothpick) should work beautifully.

susanvon

susanvon
O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
thanks for the information. I will be in the Naples store and will take it in there to be repaired. I dont want to try to repair it myself and do it incorreclty and then have a liability issue with Hermes and not have them repair it at all.
Thanks everyone
Susan von

allaboutnice

J'adore Hermes
Dec 16, 2006
UK
www.allaboutnice.com
The new enamels are made in France and wil have France stamped inside rather than Austria. I think Frey Wille is out of the picture.
Andee - this is an interesting snippet of information thank you.

Susan - sorry to hear that, hope you get it sorted. The same thing happened to a friend's bangle and she mentioned it in Hermes (UK) and they said oh bring it in, we'll sort it out. I should think they will send it away (and it will take ages) but their answer was so glib and unsurprised, I think this separation problem must happen more often than it should.

When I bought my first bangle, the SA was very insistant that I keep it away from any water whatsoever - but it you are in a humid envirnoment, it sometimes can't be helped. I think many of the H items seem to have a fragility about them or some element of requiring babying - the GM shawls, bangles, some of the leathers. The again the price point pretty much makes me a bit precious with my things anyway, lol.

Good luck with this - how annoying to be on holiday and not have your bangle to wear.

susanvon

susanvon
O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
Hey All About Nice,
love your name btw. I am down here at my place in Florida and we do have AC down here on Longboat Key! LOl plus I never got out in the daytime and would only wear the enamel bangle at night at the Colory Club's Monkey Bar!
In any case, thanks for the info and the Naples store was very nice about replacing it for me.
Very nice store, loved shopping there. Afterward, went for high tea at the Ritz Carlton on Vanderbilt ave.
Hope you make it to florida sometime, we have loads of lovely vistiors from the UK and they love their tea!
best to you
susan von

Sus

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Never Never Land
This happens all the time to my new bracelets. Take the "ring" and bracelet back to H and they will repair it; most times once is all that is needed. Avoid water at all costs.

If you want to repair it yourself, I got my SA to divulge what H uses & how it is done. Purchase "Goop" and put a blob of it on a piece of paper. Take a business card or tooth pick and dab it in the Goop and then inside the ring. Attach the enamel to the ring. Secure it with rubber bands in all directions for 24 hours. The excess glue will rub off with a bit of effort.

susanvon

susanvon
O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
thanks for the info, I tool it to the Naples store and the gave me a new replacement one. I didnt want to try to repair it myself due to liability issue, ie, that comes from working with DC lawyers all my life!
LOl
Susan von