Enabling seriously needed...

Baggaholic

SofaKing PuertoRican
O.G.
Mar 6, 2006
So after a very interesting weekend and a small shopping spree for myself I still feel like I gave myself the short end of the rope.

I spent all day Saturday attacking my favorite shopping mall... "The Americana Manhasset" :heart: There I picked up some LV shoes some Coach shoes and lots of digs for upcoming spring. I also picked-up the cutest pair of Chanel Aloha Sandals in the Pink which looks more like a neutral beige color.

The original plan was to attach Chanel FIRST! As I walked by Hirshleifer's all I could see is the mounds of Black Caviar bags that swarmed the main floor of the Chanel section. I remember thinking to myself "How Bland" so with that I continued to form my attack onto the Hermes Store where I purchased the cutest Twilly to go with one of my ensembles I have at home. After that LV then Gucci then Intermix then I found myself with more cash in my wallet! :roflmfao: I love my stash compartment! It's the best! So I went back to Chanel

Long story longer...

I made it back to Chanel. I started at the shoe area... Tried on some shoes... na not for me.... Continued to the main Chanel floor and there they were! I couldn't believe how much I was willing to pay for a pair of "Jelly" sandals. I fell in love with them at first sight!!! Boom! Purchase made! Then without warning that freaking bag creeped on to my peripheral vision!!! :rant: The one this whole thread is about! I didn't want to bother the associate because there were so many people in the store and I didn't want to keep her from a potential sale. So I took it upon myself to investigate my curiosity for this bag.

The Bag:

Small White Caviar Timeless Classic Bag Tote

I just couldn't bring myself to make the purchase!!! :tdown: But it wasn't because of funds or anything like that it was because I didn't want it in White. I can't see myself buying any more white bags!!!! I'm gonna faint. I asked the store clerk that was available if they had one in black and she said no. Have you ever had that butterfly feeling in your tummy like you were going to throw up? That's how I felt! I want that bag!!! So I pouted my a$$ out of the store.

Soon as I leave the parking lot and was about to hit the highway my original SA rings me on the cell and say's "E, come back to the store, I have that bag you want in black" So of course like a mad woman I make an illegal U-Turn and head back to the miracle mile.

When I get their.. Man, what a disappointment! It was in the Grand size! Now, I know Birkins... I know that the Grand size is going to feel like a 35cm Birkin to me and being that I'm just shy over 5 feet tall it wasn't going to feel right. Sure did, but it wasn't all that bad. Because it is a shoulder bag, it kinda stuck. But my heart was set on the small size!

More disappointment... They didn't and won't have one available till "G-d knows when" :crybaby:

So what do I do? Do I just settle for the Grand size? Are there any "Shorties" like me out there that have the grand size? Or do I just hold off?

I don't know what to do... But one thing is I WANT THAT BAG!

Help! :cry:

Nope.... dont settle, it's not the money, it's getting the bag that sings to your heart, try other boutiques, I believe you are looking for the timeless tote? (the one with a zipper top?) it's from the permenant line, you shd be able to find it elsewhere. Good luck.

I agree, don't settle! Ask if they can transfer it in from another store, or call and ask other boutiques. Or, fall in love with another bag in the meantime LOL (which is what I do haha)!

I totally understand why you want that bag. I have one too and it's one of my favorites. Incredibly versatile. I carry it all the time. Am carrying it today and have been carrying it all thru this past weekend.

Nope.... dont settle, it's not the money, it's getting the bag that sings to your heart, try other boutiques, I believe you are looking for the timeless tote? (the one with a zipper top?) it's from the permenant line, you shd be able to find it elsewhere. Good luck.

Yes, it has the zipper on top. I tried calling the Chanel Store in Soho but they too didn't have it in black. They had a beige, which tickles my curiosity but then again I have so many white bags!

I'm wondering is that Chanel store independent? Can they have a bag transferred? I'm a Chanel novice. I really only purchased Hermes in the past 3 years and they cater to me unconditionally but I find myself in open waters with Chanel.

I agree, don't settle! Ask if they can transfer it in from another store, or call and ask other boutiques. Or, fall in love with another bag in the meantime LOL (which is what I do haha)!

lol... I used to be that way too. But this economy isn't allowing "Splurge" buys now-a-days!!

I totally understand why you want that bag. I have one too and it's one of my favorites. Incredibly versatile. I carry it all the time. Am carrying it today and have been carrying it all thru this past weekend.

Yes! EXTREAMLY versatile! That's why I love it! It also has that square shape I so dearly love. Honestly, it reminds me of the Botkier trigger for some reason.

Yes, it has the zipper on top. I tried calling the Chanel Store in Soho but they too didn't have it in black. They had a beige, which tickles my curiosity but then again I have so many white bags!

I'm wondering is that Chanel store independent? Can they have a bag transferred? I'm a Chanel novice. I really only purchased Hermes in the past 3 years and they cater to me unconditionally but I find myself in open waters with Chanel.

Here in the uk, I have had bags (and shoes!) transferred from another store. My cambon ballerina's were transferred from a Chanel store in Germany.

I hope you are able to find one, it's a gorgeous bag!

But this Chanel Store is inside of Hirshleifer's. From my experience with this store they have never done that for me (not that I asked) I'm going to wait until they open the store. I'm gonna give them a call. I'm sure that if they did she would have offered to look in another store. Let's see what she says

Don't get the big one!!! By the time you put your things inside, you may be kicking or it may be kicking your butt.

Have you tried calling Chanel 1 800 for you? They sometimes are helpful.

Touch base with the Hawaii stores, Las Vegas. Stuart Ing is in Hawaii and his email is [email protected]. 808 923 0255. He'll send pics too. Good luck!!!

Thank you Jmen!

I called the 800 number and yup!!! You were right!!! They led me to the Chanel Boutique in Short Hills New Jersey. I spoke to a very lovely lady on the phone and the bag was in stock!

It will be on it's way to me tomorrow! YES! I'm doing the happy dance! :party:

Thank you ladies so much for your help and suggestions!

Now.... off to stalk the delivery boy! :graucho: