Enablers, all of you!

ladakini

vintage
O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
I came here designer naive and have learned so much being here. New styles, designers, terminology, where to buy and I value all the knowledge and wisdom here. And the acceptance of my addiction to beautiful bags.

I have come to appreciate M Z Wallace, Goyard, and a slew of others. I have a greater knowledge of old favorites like LV and Chanel. I have found good sales associates and internet places to avoid. I love seeing bags modeled, and "in action." I have a greater sense of how they wear. "Look ma, no wings" was an eye opener.

It's been like going to Weight Watchers and learning that cookie dough tastes fabulous just out of the freezer (true story). How wonderful it is to be truly understood..

Thank you all for giving a greater appreciation for that thing I put my stuff in, my handbag.

So tell me, what have you learned here?

1) I learned that fake bags are worse than just a cheap imitation; they hurt people and businesses too.
2) I learned that great bags aren't always extremely pricey and that people with great expensive bags don't always buy them full price.
3) I learned about little designer brands I would've never considered before, like Botkier and Hayden Harnett.

Cool thread, btw.

1. I am not the only one who thinks handbags are like "crack". It's addicting and hard to break from.
2. I found a LOT of informative information on this board concerning honest opinions about some designer bags. A lot of the reviews have really swayed me to not buy certain handbag brands and/or models.
3. I also learned about how to read a descriptions of a designer bag on websites. i.e. if it reads "imported" = "made in china"

I too think this is an excellent post!

1) I learned that fake bags are worse than just a cheap imitation; they hurt people and businesses too.
2) I learned that great bags aren't always extremely pricey and that people with great expensive bags don't always buy them full price.
3) I learned about little designer brands I would've never considered before, like Botkier and Hayden Harnett.

Cool thread, btw.

Thanks!

Your points are well taken. Especially about the dark side of replicas. I brought that info to another website, actually.

1. I am not the only one who thinks handbags are like "crack". It's addicting and hard to break from.
2. I found a LOT of informative information on this board concerning honest opinions about some designer bags. A lot of the reviews have really swayed me to not buy certain handbag brands and/or models.
3. I also learned about how to read a descriptions of a designer bag on websites. i.e. if it reads "imported" = "made in china"

I too think this is an excellent post!

You know, I have found so many I really respect, admire their expertise. Still totally blank about discerning fakes. Relegates me to the boutiques and certainty of authenticity.

1) I've learned how to branch out and discover other designers rather than buying the same brand all the time.
2) Deals/Shopping threads have saved me hundreds of dollars!
3) It has been interesting to see other points of view regarding handbags.
4) I had no idea there were so many men tpf'ers who enjoy bags. I thought all of us ladies had the market cornered. Wrong!
5) There are really nice down-to-earth people on tpf.

I have learned...
  1. There are many other people, way more addicted than me, but we all have the same love of purses:heart:
  2. If a deal on a purse is too good to be true, its probibly fake.
  3. Once you join this site, you are not only addicted, but you have learned so much to help strengthin your addiction; Once you come here, you will never leave!

I have learned...
  1. There are many other people, way more addicted than me, but we all have the same love of purses:heart:
  2. If a deal on a purse is too good to be true, its probibly fake.
  3. Once you join this site, you are not only addicted, but you have learned so much to help strengthin your addiction; Once you come here, you will never leave!

I admit I do feel better knowing so many others have so much more.
And you're right about never leaving. I have already abandoned 2 other boards to read and post here. Luckily, I do far more reading threads than posting...