EMT payments

shortie182

Aug 2, 2015
Hi there

I’m selling at item to a buyer and doing it via EMT. She didn’t want the extra insurance for mailing the item. She paid me the EMT but wants me to put my return address on the box for security. I’m worried bc I don’t want to give out my personal info. Her mailing address is a PO Box. What should I do?

Reactions: Hurrem1001

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
I have no idea what EMT is but I have a few comments.

1. As the seller, you are responsible for getting the item to the buyer.
2. Insurance is for YOUR protection. Buyer doesn't pay for it. If you want insurance protection, you should pay for it.
3. i don't think the post office (or any shipping service) will accept an item without a return address.
4. Your return address is for your protection in the event the item can't be delivered for whatever reason. If there's no return address, the item will end up in the dead letter section of the post office or shipping carrier and you won't get it back.
5. Buyer will get a refund if the item doesn't reach her.
6. P.O. boxes are safe and items are less apt to be lost than if delivered to a home address and stolen from a porch.

You might want to rethink whether online selling is for you.

Reactions: Hurrem1001

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Where the wild things are
I have no idea what EMT is but I have a few comments.

1. As the seller, you are responsible for getting the item to the buyer.
2. Insurance is for YOUR protection. Buyer doesn't pay for it. If you want insurance protection, you should pay for it.
3. i don't think the post office (or any shipping service) will accept an item without a return address.
4. Your return address is for your protection in the event the item can't be delivered for whatever reason. If there's no return address, the item will end up in the dead letter section of the post office or shipping carrier and you won't get it back.
5. Buyer will get a refund if the item doesn't reach her.
6. P.O. boxes are safe and items are less apt to be lost than if delivered to a home address and stolen from a porch.

You might want to rethink whether online selling is for you.

EMT = Electronic Money Transfer perhaps?

MAGJES

Mimi is here.
O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina
I’ve typed several replies and deleted them all......

Sorry - I just do not understand your fear of putting a return address on a package.
It’s pretty much an understood part of life like death and taxes.

Reactions: BeenBurned

Hurrem1001

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Regarding putting a return address on a letter or package: It is not routinely done in many countries, although it is customary in the USA. It is a good idea, however if the OP comes from a place where it isn’t the norm, I can understand how disconcerting it is to be asked to do it. I know I felt very uncomfortable doing it when I moved to the USA many years ago. To say it’s an understood part of life like death and taxes is incorrect.

Last edited: