Ems slow? Not scanned? Holidays?

Sabinalynn

Bag obsessed
O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
Hi everyone,
I have a beautiful balenciaga coing to me from China and it was sent out Saturday and it is now Thursday and it still just is stuck at Acceptance..has anyone else encountered slow or no existing tracking for ems packages this week? Not sure if it's just very slow or if packages are not being scanned..my seller says he sent 3 packages out and they are encountering the same problem and that his e,s agent thinks they weren't scanned..I'm getting anxious

If it's anything like domestic Priority, yeah, things are quite slow right now. I had to return a pair of jeans (apparently, I seem to find all the bloodstained jeans on Ebay...) and, though I shipped them out Saturday and they should've arrived Monday, they weren't delivered until Wednesday, just a few states away.

Honestly, knowing that the purse came from China, I'd be more worried about authenticity than shipping time :S

If it's anything like domestic Priority, yeah, things are quite slow right now. I had to return a pair of jeans (apparently, I seem to find all the bloodstained jeans on Ebay...) and, though I shipped them out Saturday and they should've arrived Monday, they weren't delivered until Wednesday, just a few states away.

Honestly, knowing that the purse came from China, I'd be more worried about authenticity than shipping time :S
Bloodstain!! Who would sell a item like that?

if it's anything like domestic priority, yeah, things are quite slow right now. I had to return a pair of jeans (apparently, i seem to find all the bloodstained jeans on ebay...) and, though i shipped them out saturday and they should've arrived monday, they weren't delivered until wednesday, just a few states away.

Honestly, knowing that the purse came from china, i'd be more worried about authenticity than shipping time :s

o-m-g!

First of all, I am a professional authenticator. I authenticate for some of the major resale sites out there as well as local consignment shops. So authenticity is not a question.
Second of all, I'm sorry, but thats a rude generalization. There are many many reputable sellers in China and its not fair that counterfeiters give them a bad name. There are many many people in China who carry authentic bags so it's not very kind to make generalizations like that.
Third of all, this is a seller who is a friend of mine, who sells all authentic bags so there is no need to worry. I was only asking about shipping time, thanks

i think sometimes carriers don't provide an update on their tracking systems. I had a shipment from China once and using the tracking number I was given, I couldn't see any updates, but for some reason the seller could track its progress for me! I'd give it up to 2 weeks to see if it arrives, the stated EMS delivery timescale is approx. 3-5 working days, but can go up to 2 weeks sometimes

First of all, I am a professional authenticator. I authenticate for some of the major resale sites out there as well as local consignment shops. So authenticity is not a question.
Second of all, I'm sorry, but thats a rude generalization. There are many many reputable sellers in China and its not fair that counterfeiters give them a bad name. There are many many people in China who carry authentic bags so it's not very kind to make generalizations like that.
Third of all, this is a seller who is a friend of mine, who sells all authentic bags so there is no need to worry. I was only asking about shipping time, thanks
With all due respect, it's not necessary or fair to attack the poster for voicing a legitimate worry. (I was about to post the same concern until I saw that she'd done it.)

Although there are honest and dishonest sellers everywhere, China has earned itself a notorious reputation for being the counterfeit capital of the world. Like it or not, facts are facts.

As you say about sellers in China, "its not fair that counterfeiters give them a bad name," but because the Chinese government nor its people do much to stop or sanction the manufacture and sale of fakes, it's certainly not a "rude generalization" when a PF'er expresses concern about a fake coming from China.

And I understand your point..however, it's still not fair to assume. There are many tpfers who are from China and I feel to generalize is not fair. Thanks!

With all due respect, it's not necessary or fair to attack the poster for voicing a legitimate worry. (I was about to post the same concern until I saw that she'd done it.)

Although there are honest and dishonest sellers everywhere, China has earned itself a notorious reputation for being the counterfeit capital of the world. Like it or not, facts are facts.

As you say about sellers in China, "its not fair that counterfeiters give them a bad name," but because the Chinese government nor its people do much to stop or sanction the manufacture and sale of fakes, it's certainly not a "rude generalization" when a PF'er expresses concern about a fake coming from China.

Bloodstain!! Who would sell a item like that?

A reseller who didn't check the jeans before posting them up :/ This is the 4th time I've gotten a pair of jeans like this, and in all cases, they were either Ebay resellers or people selling the jeans on behalf of someone else. In every case they admitted to not thinking to check that area (which blows my mind--I do the resale thing and that's literally the first thing I check. Anything resembling a stain or attempted stain removal and it goes right back on the rack!)

Thanks, BB!

(BTW, OP--I do recognize that, based on sheer numbers of the membership here, there have to be at least several active members from China--but from what I've seen, many of them are specifically in Hong Kong, which is a different animal. In fact I've been given the opportunity to present a paper in HK this spring, and if everything works out, I'm very excited at the prospect of doing so!)

Hi everyone,
I have a beautiful balenciaga coing to me from China and it was sent out Saturday and it is now Thursday and it still just is stuck at Acceptance..has anyone else encountered slow or no existing tracking for ems packages this week? Not sure if it's just very slow or if packages are not being scanned..my seller says he sent 3 packages out and they are encountering the same problem and that his e,s agent thinks they weren't scanned..I'm getting anxious

Have you tried both the Chinese EMS site and the USPS site for tracking? Is the tracking result on either of those different?

I know that there are slight differences in terminology between the Japanese EMS site and the USPS site (the USA site says Origin Post is Preparing Shipment but the Japanese site says Despatched from Outward Office of Exchange).

Have you tried both the Chinese EMS site and the USPS site for tracking? Is the tracking result on either of those different?

I know that there are slight differences in terminology between the Japanese EMS site and the USPS site (the USA site says Origin Post is Preparing Shipment but the Japanese site says Despatched from Outward Office of Exchange).

Thanks so much! I have tried both..maybe I'm worrying for nothing. I'm just anxious to get my bag and I'm sooooo impatient

Thanks, BB!

(BTW, OP--I do recognize that, based on sheer numbers of the membership here, there have to be at least several active members from China--but from what I've seen, many of them are specifically in Hong Kong, which is a different animal. In fact I've been given the opportunity to present a paper in HK this spring, and if everything works out, I'm very excited at the prospect of doing so!)

He is in hong kong..maybe I should have specified further