Empriente owners

LVOEbear

Jan 18, 2012
My ultimate hg bag is an empriente artsy but I've always cringed at the price tag. It keeps going up in price though so I am considering selling my trevi and tivoli to fund it. I have a few questions though. Is the leather very delicate? Does the leather make the bag feel very heavy? I don't see very many girls carrying this bag so is it worth the hefty price tag?

ETA: Reminder about selling/buying/trading is not permitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
LVOEbear said:
My ultimate hg bag is an empriente artsy but I've always cringed at the price tag. It keeps going up in price though so I am considering selling my trevi and tivoli to fund it. I have a few questions though. Is the leather very delicate? Does the leather make the bag feel very heavy? I don't see very many girls carrying this bag so is it worth the hefty price tag?

I say go try it on in the store if you can. I also absolutely LVoe this bag as well! I tried on an Artsy in Azur today and found that I didn't love it as much as I thought because it cut into my armpit. The empreinte leather is delicious.

Sidenote- I love my Tivoli GM and would never sell her.

I would absolutely sell the trevi and tivoli for this bag! It can get heavy, but the leather is very strong and durable. It is a stunning bag and it is definitely worth selling the other two imo

It's gorgeous, but it's very heavy. If I am carrying it for a long period of time my shoulder starts to hurt. That's it's only downfall lol. But it holds up nicely in crappy weather and has a lot of inside pockets :smile:

I have it.. Along with the trevi and tivoli that you're considering on selling. I find that the artsy is extremely heavy but the material is very durable. My shoulder definitely does hurt with it after a long day. I personally enjoy using my trevi more :smile:

Calfskin leather so it's very durable but a bit heavy. I would sell the Trevi and Tivoli for it. Leather over canvas any day!
Wait, the Trevi is a very heavy bag too!

I have it and the Trevi PM. I say go for it. It´s just TDF! The leather isn´t delicate but quite durable. I myself don´t find it too heavy. It´s not my lightest bag but I find no problem wearing it all day. The leather is so soft so during time it will just "match" your body and the way you carry it :smile:

I have tried it on. It is a looker. I found the bag to be heavy when empty though...so my concern would be how heavy it would be when my things are in it. I still want one and don't particularly care for the canvas options as much. To me, the leather to not appear as high maintenance as say..a Sofia Coppola. I think it is durable and the reason you probably don't see as much of them is because of the price and weight ( vs. mahina leather).

Good luck. I am looking for one of these for my 40 but I have to stop buying things in between so I can save up :/

drspock7 said:
I have tried it on. It is a looker. I found the bag to be heavy when empty though...so my concern would be how heavy it would be when my things are in it. I still want one and don't particularly care for the canvas options as much. To me, the leather to not appear as high maintenance as say..a Sofia Coppola. I think it is durable and the reason you probably don't see as much of them is because of the price and weight ( vs. mahina leather).

Good luck. I am looking for one of these for my 40 but I have to stop buying things in between so I can save up :/

The Mahina is heavy too..yes I can agree it all depends on what you carry.. I have downsized over the past year so its no problem for me to carry it all day..good luck with saving :smile:

I love the look of the bag and had it picked out for Christmas. I'm trying to decide if its right for me now though. I normally carry a Melrose so I am used to heavy but I want something larger and less formal I can load up when I go places with the kids (like a big camera and an iPad, in addition to my normal purse stuff). I'm worried though as it just doesn't feel good on my shoulder, so I worry it will hurt. My husband got me the Artsy MM in Aube for Christmas because I think its what I want, but I am sort of considering exchanging it for a black Hobo PM in Antheia. Any advise out there???

lvmelrose said:
I love the look of the bag and had it picked out for Christmas. I'm trying to decide if its right for me now though. I normally carry a Melrose so I am used to heavy but I want something larger and less formal I can load up when I go places with the kids (like a big camera and an iPad, in addition to my normal purse stuff). I'm worried though as it just doesn't feel good on my shoulder, so I worry it will hurt. My husband got me the Artsy MM in Aube for Christmas because I think its what I want, but I am sort of considering exchanging it for a black Hobo PM in Antheia. Any advise out there???

The Antheia is lamb skin which is more delicate than calf skin. It's lighter but the color can fade and scuffs are more visible.

Hi babe! You said it, its your ultimate hg bag so go for it! Im a happy owner too (in ombre) and in my opinion, its the only lv bag worth having because..

1. The leather is gorgeous! Its not delicate and require low maintenance. Yes the bag becomes heavy if u put too much stuffs in it bt its definitely smtg that can be managed.

2. Its practical size! Huge with many useful compartments. Im a fan of big bags,if this info helps..

3. It falls nicely and comfortably on your body when you carry it. To me, canvas kinda hv a stiff feel unlike leather, thus explains why this bag will look gd on anyone!

I did hesitate too initially because of the price, bt totally no regrets after gettin it! And i think its not as commonly carried becos of the price too. Bt then that makes the bag even more exclusive compared to other lv rite! :smile: