Empreinte zippy. Glue showing.

Mar 3, 2010
NY, NY
Hi ladies

I was so excited to receive this empreinte zippy wallet as a gift from my SO. About a week from receiving it, I began to notice the glue all along the edges.
Is this normal? Do you think they'll exchange it?
Just wanted to get you opinions. We called customer service and they advised us to have it inspected in person.

Attachments

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hi ladies

I was so excited to receive this empreinte zippy wallet as a gift from my SO. About a week from receiving it, I began to notice the glue all along the edges.
Is this normal? Do you think they'll exchange it?
Just wanted to get you opinions. We called customer service and they advised us to have it inspected in person.
It's "normal" in the sense that these items are made, for the most part, by hand and if it was on a lighter colour it wouldn't be so noticeable. If you're not happy with your wallet, and that's justifiable in this case given how much glue is actually showing, then go back to the store and politely request an exchange. Most likely LV will agree or, if not, offer to send the Zippy away for repairs at no cost to you. Either way, you'll be taken care of.

FancyPants77

Jun 4, 2016
I have the exact same wallet in Earth color and it's four years old with perfect glazing. This has happened on my monogram canvas zippy though. I rubbed it off of my monogram one and it looks fine but you can see where I rubbed it. They will definitely exchange it for you since you got it a week ago. Brand new, it should be perfect. I wouldn't bother with a repair- I'd go straight for a return or exchange :smile:. When they see it in person they will definitely give you a different one. LV stands by their products.

lv in yyc

Mar 18, 2013
I find that some of the brand new items in the boutique has glue showing and the SA goes in the back and cleans it right up. It it would be best to take to a boutique to see if it has affected the integrity of the wallet (will the threads come loose or will glazing be affected etc). LV is usually good with standing behind their products. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction, something Iike this should not be happening after 1 week of use.

Mar 3, 2010
NY, NY
UPDATE: I was able to exchange my wallet. I got the same exact wallet with no white glazing material showing.

Would caution to inspect items carefully before purchase. I was also looking to purchase a toiletry bag today, but I noticed a mark on the leather of the one that was shown to me.