Empreinte Secret Long wallet (Orient) or Vernis Rayure Zippy wallet?

Empreinte Secret Long Wallet (Orient) or Vernis Rayure Zippy wallet?

• Empreinte Secret Long Wallet (Orient)

• Vernis Rayure Zippy Wallet

Results are only viewable after voting.

tessa06

O.G.
Nov 16, 2010
Hi tPFers!!:smile:

I'm not sure if everyone saw my reveal of my Empreinte secret long wallet in Orient... But since I saw this Vernis Rayure zippy, I was wondering if I should exchange what I already have to this one.. I really like my Empreinte secret long wallet, especially the color and leather, but it just makes me wonder if I will like the vernis rayure better when I see it in person. What do you guys think about this new line? I'm not sure if I just want to exchange it because it's a new line.. Coz when I showed the picture of vernis rayure zippy to my bf, he didn't like it.. Right now, I like what I have more than the Vernis Rayure.. But I just want to know what you guys think.. And maybe you will change my mind while I still have time to exchange..:lol:

Thanks in advance!!

I prefer the one you have now a lot more. Classier IMO. I'm not a huge fan of rayure line plus I believe that vernis is not as durable as empr. I think you should enjoy what you have without second thoughts.:smile:

I prefer the one you have now a lot more. Classier IMO. I'm not a huge fan of rayure line plus I believe that vernis is not as durable as empr. I think you should enjoy what you have without second thoughts.:smile:

I would go for the vernis. Vernis is very durable!

Thank you for your opinions.. Hopefully, I'll get more replies from others. 1 vote for Empreinte and 1 for Vernis..:lol: But Empreinte is winning so far from the poll. Thanks again!:smile:

bjorn - do you own a Vernis wallet? How's it? I heard some complaints about this line: peeling and high maintenance (fingerprints all over so you tend to clean it more often, color transfer?, etc.).

IMO- keep the Emp. I haven't seen the Rayure in person yet but it strikes me a little bit as a fun yet tad trendy piece. I think is it darling but perhaps not for the long haul. Of course I will say I am biased because I will probably add an Emp. wallet at some point since I got another emp. bag last month.

I asked my SA about the zippy vernis in pomme. Even she was sort of discouraging me from buying it because she says vernis is high maintenance. It easily catches pen marks and print from receipts and magazines. This got me thinking twice about a vernis wallet because I throw my wallet in my bag along with my other stuff. Receipts included.

Vernis for sure,it is limited edition.i live in NYC,when I was at 5th ave.,I see LV Chanel and bal. a lot.....so it is very normal to carry a regular LV.... Nothing special.....but when I took my rose pochette our with me.... I got a lot comments ..... ..............so go for the LE........... Not a lot opportunities to see a LE LV on street..... It really made you very special!!!!!! I don't have a lot LV...... Just a eb speedy and a mono never full for everyday use....... But I have LE wallet and pochette .......... I never regrat about my LE purchases!!plus the rayure is really cute and charming... You are lucky to have the chance to have one.... I am on a serious ban! I have to miss it!

My vote is for Vernis Rayures :smile: I'm planning on buying a Rayures ZCP in pomme! The Rayures is LE and will sell out fast, while the Empreinte will be around for while if you still want to get that later. I'm no help, though- I'm SUCH an enabler! If you can afford both, get BOTH haha! :graucho:

My vote is vernis. For everyone who says vernis isn't durable I have had a 4 key holder and agenda in my bag daily for years mixed with receipts, sharp objects, etc. and they are still in great condition! No marks, no peeling, nothing. They look like they are brand new and I definitely don't baby my items.

Thank you for your opinions.. Hopefully, I'll get more replies from others. 1 vote for Empreinte and 1 for Vernis..:lol: But Empreinte is winning so far from the poll. Thanks again!:smile:

bjorn - do you own a Vernis wallet? How's it? I heard some complaints about this line: peeling and high maintenance (fingerprints all over so you tend to clean it more often, color transfer?, etc.).

I have sarah wallet in vernis. It is almost 2.5year old and still looks very new! No scathes or marks. It is super easy to maintain. I don't baby my wallet and have been using it everyday since the day I bought it. The leather is very sturdy!

Finger prints yeah a bit but it doesn't bother me. I wipe my wallet now and then..