Empreinte: Pochette metis or speedy b?

fruity28

Jun 22, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I am gonna be a first time mom in few months, already bought a marc jacobs diaper bag. Now, i am contemplating which bag is more practical and I get to use more between the Pochette Metis and Speedy b?

kkfiregirl

Dec 30, 2015
What are you planning on putting in the bag? Diapers or just personal items?

Congrats on the pregnancy!

PurseAddict728

Handbags 4 Life
Jun 15, 2014
Congratulations! I would go for the Pochette Metis. It might not be able to hold as much as the Speedy B but for a new mom I think it's great for organization. I guess it also depends on how much you carry. Do you normally carry a lot? After I had my son I downsized what I carried around with me (wallet, phone, keys).

fruity28

Jun 22, 2011
Oslo, Norway
What are you planning on putting in the bag? Diapers or just personal items?

Congrats on the pregnancy!
Thank you. To be honest, I am not sure if I can manage bringing 2 bags. I know the diaper bag I can attach it to the stroller, but sometimes I have to carry it too. My head says go for the bigger bag for practical purposes but my heart says all the way pochette metis.

PurseAddict728

Handbags 4 Life
Jun 15, 2014
Thank you. To be honest, I am not sure if I can manage bringing 2 bags. I know the diaper bag I can attach it to the stroller, but sometimes I have to carry it too. My head says go for the bigger bag for practical purposes but my heart says all the way pochette metis.
I remember being a new mom and carrying so many baby related things! Have you thought of getting a NF? I just don't think the PM or Speedy B could accommodate all baby related items and feel organized enough imo. I think if you carried your Marc Jacobs diaper bag and the PM it would make more sense to have your own personal items separated.

fruity28

Jun 22, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Congratulations! I would go for the Pochette Metis. It might not be able to hold as much as the Speedy B but for a new mom I think it's great for organization. I guess it also depends on how much you carry. Do you normally carry a lot? After I had my son I downsized what I carried around with me (wallet, phone, keys).
I just normally bring phone, keys, basically necessity items.

Luvnlife

Sep 17, 2016
I would recommend a small crossbody like a favorite to just carry your essentials. It you need to place the crossbody in the diaper bag for any reason, you can. I would not want to carry a large bag and a diaper bag.

fruity28

Jun 22, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I remember being a new mom and carrying so many baby related things! Have you thought of getting a NF? I just don't think the PM or Speedy B could accommodate all baby related items and feel organized enough imo. I think if you carried your Marc Jacobs diaper bag and the PM it would make more sense to have your own personal items separated.
I am not a fan of NF bag. The strap is too thin for my liking. I could use my mulberry bayswater if I want a big opening space.

fruity28

Jun 22, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I think the PM lays flat against your body more comfortably than a speedy b. It's not as bulky and you can position it in what ever way feels the most comfortable. It is nice to have a handsfree bag when you are a mom!
Yeah, pochette metis is really my style. When i first saw it back then, i said to myself that's the only LV canvas i am willing to purchase until I forget it due to limited supply in my country and hard to find everytime I travel.
The speedy b, is just I dont know what to say but its kind a like what else in empreinte pattern? You know what I mean? When the speedy b was 1st released sometime in 2010 I guess, I remembered i hurried to the LV store to get it, but it wasn't my style. And everytime I went to LV store trying the speedy b, it has no wow factor in me, maybe because I find it too bulky and full stuffed in the store.

Reactions: PurseAddict728