Empreinte Glazing Issue--what to do?

yikes!... I also have the same issue. I bought mine in March. made in USA. In June I brought it in for seal repair on the actual bag. 2 weeks ago I brought it in again because of seal cracking issues everywhere! So disappointed... I bought the speedy b 25 in empreinte (Aube - which is now discontinued). they said I can replace it... but every social media I go to for LV reviews there are always issues... I was thinking of Montaigne BB. Does anybody have this purse? Below is the picture of the cracking issue... (please bear with me as this is the first time I am doing this and I might have attached too many of the same picture and I do not know how to remove the duplicates!!!)

Hello I have a Montaigne BB in white colour. Bought it last year. So far so good. No cracking issue.

I have an Empreinte Speedy B 25 from the 1st edition and there is no cracking yet. But the glazing is indeed soft and there are dented marks all over.
That's how mine started, the dents are the beginning of the glaze melting. LV will fix it for you for free because it's a factory issue with the bonding mixture. It'll take awhile though especially if they have discontinued the color.

That's how mine started, the dents are the beginning of the glaze melting. LV will fix it for you for free because it's a factory issue with the bonding mixture. It'll take awhile though especially if they have discontinued the color.
Your reply came right on time. I just brought the key clochette with glazing off to the store and the SA said I may need to bring the whole bag for inspection because he suspected the strap and handles would already start melting. He suggested to replace the strap, handles and clochette one short instead of piece by piece.

I bought in my 2012 Speedy B 25 in Aurore and was told the color has discontinued. So I was given 2 options; repair or full credit. I opt for the full credit and took an Empreinte Pochette Metis in Noir home. I don't want to deal with another heartbreak seeing the bag parts being replaced and look different after repair.

I bought in my 2012 Speedy B 25 in Aurore and was told the color has discontinued. So I was given 2 options; repair or full credit. I opt for the full credit and took an Empreinte Pochette Metis in Noir home. I don't want to deal with another heartbreak seeing the bag parts being replaced and look different after repair.

Congrats on your new bag! I hope the glazing on the new PM empreinte behaves better! Update us on how it is please!

So I brought my Empreinte Speedy 25 B into LV a couple of weeks ago to have the handles and strap checked out because of the glazing melting. The bag was then sent to be repaired (straps and handles to be replaced) and I was told repair would take 4-6 weeks. I got a call from LV yesterday letting me know LV couldn't repair it and that I could come into the store to exchange for the same bag or pick something else. I love the Empreinte Speedy 25 B and would like to pick another color BUT my main worry is would I have the same problem with the glazing again? My Empreinte Speedy was stored out of its dustbag and placed in an open shelf in my walk-in closet. My closet has a vent where the airconditioned air comes out into the closet so it doesn't get hot. What are the chances of the glaze melting again? Would love to hear everyone's suggestions...TIA!

P.S. If I go ahead and pick a different color, what would be a nice neutral color (besides black and infini)? Thank you.

I have just left my bag with LV for this very same issue. My bag was purchased in 2013, Speedy B30 in Aurore. Stored in it's bag in my closet and not even carried all that often an the handles started melting, strangest thing I'd ever seen. I hope they don't charge me too fix this, although on my receipt it says approx. repairs $450 to replace strap and both handles. Why should I have to pay for this when it is clearly a defect. I will be sad if it's not repairable, simply because it was a 20th Wedding Anniversary gift. I love my empriente pieces but I must say, I've had nothing but problems with them! And also my Pallas strap, the plastic glazing keeps coming apart from the sides and they've already replaced that once (free) but it's now broken AGAIN, LESS THAN A YEAR LATER. So frustrating! They said 4-6 weeks, so we shall see.......

I picked up my Aurore Empreinte Speedy 30 B yesterday. They replaced both handles and gave me a new strap as well. It looks as good as new, so I'm hoping they have fixed their glazing issue! I had another glazing issue on the strap of my Pallas and sadly, they made me choose a new bag. The pallas was my favorite bag ever, but I chose the new Tournelle PM for that one and I am enjoying it! I am crossing my fingers for this glaze to not melt!

I just brought in my empreinte speedy 25 bandouliere old model in cerise to LV to have the handles replaced due to melted glazing. Has anybody had this done recently? And what was the result? Were they able to successfully replace it or did you end up getting a store credit?

I recently (Feb) had melted glazing and cracked glazing repaired on the Lumi PM (Aube), Speedy 30 (Noir) and Citadine PM (Infini). The repairs for the Lumi and Speedy were free because the bags were listed as defective. The Citadine cost me $530 to replace the handles and the glazing. I had receipts for all three bags but I was not the original owner. Repairs took about two months.

I recently (Feb) had melted glazing and cracked glazing repaired on the Lumi PM (Aube), Speedy 30 (Noir) and Citadine PM (Infini). The repairs for the Lumi and Speedy were free because the bags were listed as defective. The Citadine cost me $530 to replace the handles and the glazing. I had receipts for all three bags but I was not the original owner. Repairs took about two months.
Did they replace the handles on the speedy? I’m wondering if they still have the handles for the original model speedy empreinte. I looked at my receipt for repair, and the SA had put that my speedy was the new model.