Empreinte Glazing Issue--what to do?

Hi There,

I just bought a Pallas Feb 2015 and , the long strap glue at the side melted yesterday (not sure if it is the glazing problem). It stained on my dress so bad that it cant be removed.

I had the same problem with NV Full (epi leather), said couldn't be repaired so gave a credit and I top- up to get this. I will bring the bag to LV later in the afternoon hope they can repair or got a solution to fix this problem.

If anyone here have a solution or a way to avoid that please share with me.

Thanks in advance.

I've been looking for an older model Speedy Empreinte 25 in Jaipur and finally found it on Fashionphile for a really great price (made in 2013). When I received it, everything looks fantastic except for the glazing on the straps and handles. They have many indentation marks on them (some areas look like tiny chunks are taken out). There are no crackings. LV store said that they recommend replacing the handles and straps, but that it's functionally sound, but I've read so many Purseforum members having the bags replaced for similar issues. There are no cracks on the leather. Do you think I can just wear it and hope that glazing doesn't peel (there's no peeling now) in the future, get the handles and straps replaced ($150 to replace handles and $300 to replace strap) or just return the item to Fashionphile?

Attachments

• IMG_2792.JPG
    IMG_2792.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,910
  • IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,783
  • IMG_2795.JPG
    IMG_2795.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,968
  • IMG_2796.JPG
    IMG_2796.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,758
Hi, just brought the empreinte 25 to LV for repair because the glazing on my handle and straps all melting, they took pictures and sent them to quality control department, the SA told me she never heard about this problem before, now I am worry they are not gonna do anything, the bag is preloved with receipt showed this bag was purchased in 4/2014. I feel very disappointment about the LV's quality.

Hi, just brought the empreinte 25 to LV for repair because the glazing on my handle and straps all melting, they took pictures and sent them to quality control department, the SA told me she never heard about this problem before, now I am worry they are not gonna do anything, the bag is preloved with receipt showed this bag was purchased in 4/2014. I feel very disappointment about the LV's quality.
I just gave my empreinte 25 to LV. I bought it preloved and I'm getting the handles replaced. Their after-market customer service person called the repair center and was told that the glazing couldn't be redone and that both handles can be replaced. So, I'm paying them (they said that since I'm not the original purchaser, I'd have to pay), $150 for both handles to be replaced. My strap glazing is soft and dented in places, but they are not cracking or peeling. I'm going to see how the straps fare and get them replaced only if it becomes bad. The handles had dents and peeled in places. Otherwise, the bag was in excellent condition. I can't find older model Empreinte Speedy 25 in this color easily, so I decided to pay and get parts of it replaced. I'm sure they'll be able to replace the straps. They told me that they are able to fix most things 10 years after the item has been discontinued. Good luck and let me know what happens!

I just gave my empreinte 25 to LV. I bought it preloved and I'm getting the handles replaced. Their after-market customer service person called the repair center and was told that the glazing couldn't be redone and that both handles can be replaced. So, I'm paying them (they said that since I'm not the original purchaser, I'd have to pay), $150 for both handles to be replaced. My strap glazing is soft and dented in places, but they are not cracking or peeling. I'm going to see how the straps fare and get them replaced only if it becomes bad. The handles had dents and peeled in places. Otherwise, the bag was in excellent condition. I can't find older model Empreinte Speedy 25 in this color easily, so I decided to pay and get parts of it replaced. I'm sure they'll be able to replace the straps. They told me that they are able to fix most things 10 years after the item has been discontinued. Good luck and let me know
I just gave my empreinte 25 to LV. I bought it preloved and I'm getting the handles replaced. Their after-market customer service person called the repair center and was told that the glazing couldn't be redone and that both handles can be replaced. So, I'm paying them (they said that since I'm not the original purchaser, I'd have to pay), $150 for both handles to be replaced. My strap glazing is soft and dented in places, but they are not cracking or peeling. I'm going to see how the straps fare and get them replaced only if it becomes bad. The handles had dents and peeled in places. Otherwise, the bag was in excellent condition. I can't find older model Empreinte Speedy 25 in this color easily, so I decided to pay and get parts of it replaced. I'm sure they'll be able to replace the straps. They told me that they are able to fix most things 10 years after the item has been discontinued. Good luck and let me know what happens!
Hi, thanks for reply! So if you are not orinigal owner, you need to pay for the cost? I am very disappointed if that is what LV do, this is quality issue not wear and tear, if that is a gift by someone, how do they determine who should get reimbursed or not? I hope they stand behind their product, I honestly feel they should not charge you because you are not owner. I am crossing my fingers now!

I just sent my bag in,hopefully I can get back a bag which I adore in the first place!

Hello!!
I previously had the same bag as you in earth and my glazing melted off so Louis gave me credit to purchase a new bag. I was stupid enough to choose another empreinte (Montaigne MM) because a year later after 3-5 uses the straps were melted again. This time the store manager is determined to get it fixed instead of giving me credit for a new bag. So she said it will take 2-4 weeks to get it fixed, I called back 4 weeks and they said 6-8weeks and so I called back 8weeks later and of course they said wait will be 8-10weeks. At this point I demanded more detail so finally they told me that they couldn't fix the straps so they have to order new ones for me instead. Out of all the forum posts I have read and spoken to a few different Louis locations, they said the glazing is a known issue and there's no way to fix it. Most people got credit back for a replacement. I'm just a bit frustrated because what if they "fixed it" and it melts again!? I don't have the patience to wait 2-3 months again for the same quality issue. I have no confidence in the empreinte leather.

Reactions: Crazysweets678
Hello!!
I previously had the same bag as you in earth and my glazing melted off so Louis gave me credit to purchase a new bag. I was stupid enough to choose another empreinte (Montaigne MM) because a year later after 3-5 uses the straps were melted again. This time the store manager is determined to get it fixed instead of giving me credit for a new bag. So she said it will take 2-4 weeks to get it fixed, I called back 4 weeks and they said 6-8weeks and so I called back 8weeks later and of course they said wait will be 8-10weeks. At this point I demanded more detail so finally they told me that they couldn't fix the straps so they have to order new ones for me instead. Out of all the forum posts I have read and spoken to a few different Louis locations, they said the glazing is a known issue and there's no way to fix it. Most people got credit back for a replacement. I'm just a bit frustrated because what if they "fixed it" and it melts again!? I don't have the patience to wait 2-3 months again for the same quality issue. I have no confidence in the empreinte leather.

Oh dear, I just bought a prelove in as-new condition but the glazing feel a bit sticky and indentation, so if it getting worse that meant I can't get it repair free or replacement.
Damp it !!!
Seem like red more chance to have this problem.
My other infini colour also bought prelove new condition has no problem at all whatsoever !!!