Empreinte Dilemma: Amethyst or Grenat

MissIn

O.G.
Jul 11, 2013
On Saturday, I purchased a curieuse compact wallet in Grenat. Must admit the purchase was kind of impulsive since I wanted to beat the price increase. At the store, I had a really hard time deciding whether I wanted the wallet in Amethyst or Grenat and ended up purchasing the Grenat. My logic was that the darker color would hold up against stains and wear (since wallets get so much use and handling), and that the amethyst color is something I really like now but Grenat would stand the test of time. What do you guys think? Really need help from all you LV collectors out there! TIA

P.S. The SA told me Grenat was a permanent color, when I am pretty sure it is a limited release with Bronze? Then again she didn't really know the name of the color just said the tag says "GRE" :S

My understanding is that both the Bronze and Grenat are limited production colors. When they are gone, they won't make any more. I saw the Amethyst this weekend and although it's a beautiful color, I think the Grenat would stand the test of time better. I have the Speedy 25 in the Grenat and it is a very versatile color. I also agree it won't show dirt or color transfer as easily. Some people have been put off by the fact that it is more "metallic" but I really don't see that much of it. To me it just looks slightly "pearlescent". Hope that helps!

My understanding is that both the Bronze and Grenat are limited production colors. When they are gone, they won't make any more. I saw the Amethyst this weekend and although it's a beautiful color, I think the Grenat would stand the test of time better. I have the Speedy 25 in the Grenat and it is a very versatile color. I also agree it won't show dirt or color transfer as easily. Some people have been put off by the fact that it is more "metallic" but I really don't see that much of it. To me it just looks slightly "pearlescent". Hope that helps!

Thanks for your confirmation! I wonder why this SA was so misinformed, maybe she is new? I have also read about people's concern with this leather peeling due to the finish, but I'm going to give LV the benefit of the doubt. I agree on the finish being more pearlescent since it's not in-your-face shiny.

I think you made the right choice! I prefer the look of the grenant even though the amethyst is beautiful.

Congrats on your new wallet! :smile:

Thank you so much! After all this support I am feeling confident about my decision. Falling in love with the color more with each look :smile: