Empreinte cles glazing peeling :(

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just need a sanity check. The glazing on the empreinte cles I purchased in March has started to peel. Is this substantial enough that LV should repair or exchange without protest? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463201567.207246.jpg

2. Is this glazing or the leather scratched?

3. Good question. It is the glazing. I think the whitish part was glue around the glazing where it is lifting up. Is that possible?

4. Is that the Denim? I actually saw one with a similar problem (not as bad) as yours at the store a few weeks ago and decided against it. The SA kept on insisting that it was normal, but I didn't feel comfortable taking it home so I went to another store and got a different one instead. I'd definitely take it back to LV and see what they say... Good luck!

5. Yes, it is the denim. Interesting that another one had a similar problem.

6. That needs to be repaired as soon as possible; it will only get worse with time and LV often offers repairs free of charge within a year of purchase providing the item wasn't abused (obviously this isn't the case with you but you know what I mean). If the item is still in stock and/or has a history of issues then the store might offer a replacement, but it's entirely at the discretion of the SA/manager so nothing's guaranteed.

7. You should definitely take it in and request an exchange for a 2 month old piece. Mine is over a year old and no glazing issues at all.

8. Just wanted to ask: Is ur embossing on the bottom and top part of the wallet fainter than other areas? Is it suppose To be like that because the leather stretches there and had to fold over?

9. It's so interesting that you asked about this because I had just noticed the other day that the embossing on the top part of my Key Pouch is slightly fainter. I've only had this piece for about a month and it still smells/feels new. I think it probably came like this, but I'm not 100% sure. It seems normal to me and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Are you thinking of getting one? I must say this is becoming one of my favorite SLGs and it's totally worth the $$. [emoji6] HTH.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463695062.384838.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463695071.515840.jpg

10. Thanks for your input. It helps a lot. Yes I'm thinking of getting one. Either denim or poppy but I'm leaning more towards denim because blue is my favourite colour. I love the beautiful texture and feel of the leather and the embossing makes it so elegant and unique. It is so gorgeous. I want a mini or small wallet as it's easier to carry things and the Sarah and Emilie style wallets are too big. I will go into the boutique this weekend and have another look. But from what you're saying, it seems to be ok. I have asked others and they say it depends. Sometime faint, sometimes well embossed. That's for you info. Helps me a lot. By the way, you're denim is beauitful. Exactly what I had hoped for, so I think you got me sold

11. You're welcome! Glad to help. It's a great piece and you won't regret it! [emoji4]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice