Empreinte Artsy Owners - Is this normal??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Reposting this with a better title - I am hoping that empreinte artsy owners that have had their bags for a couple of year (or longer) can chime in. I have ordered this bag in noir, but if this is how its going to look if I use the bag everyday, then I don't think its worth dropping $3k+!!

Is this the normal wear/condition for an Empreinte Artsy??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Louis-Vuitton-Artsy-MM-Monogram-Empreinte-Earth-RARE-/201059131646?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item2ed00ee0fe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/louis-Vuitton-handbag-infini-blue-empreinte-leather-artsy-MM-M93448-/251482624910?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3a8d88538e

2. I guess it can look like that if you don't take care of it..
    Here is mine. It was made in 2011. This picture was taken last month.

Attached Files:

3. Thanks for responding! This gives me hope. I will be using my bag as my everyday work purse. I am not big on rotating my bags, the only time I change is when I am with my kids (the I use my totally gm or or my evora)

4. If your planing on using it everyday it will soften a lot faster.
    I only use mine occasionally and when im not using it I store it stuffed with a pillow..
    Hopefully more girls will chime in that use it for a everyday bag..

5. Well, in the first picture, the bag looks totally out of scale -- smaller than it actually is (and pretty bad, too). In the second one, the scale looks right. Who knows about the authenticity of either bag. I think they are just unflattering pictures.
    I've had my bag for a year, and it's still stunning. I have found that, even without continuous use, the indentations of the logo do soften up. So that's one thing to know.

6. Well, in the first picture, the bag looks totally out of scale -- smaller than it actually is (and pretty bad, too). In the second one, the scale looks right. Who knows about the authenticity of either bag. I think they are just unflattering pictures.
    I've had my bag for a year, and it's still stunning. I have found that, even without continuous use, the indentations of the logo do soften up. So that's one thing to know. IMO, the bag is worth every penny.:smile:

7. Pictures of my "twins". I got the infini for Christmas when the bag was released in 2010, and the 2nd a year later "preloved" from Yoogi's. Both of the bags on Ebay appear to be "unstuffed" so I took the stuffing out for comparison. I don't use the neige as much for fear of getting it dirty, but have used the infini quite a bit. There is no doubt the leather will soften with time, but I like that! But as you can see, the embossing has held up really well and it still looks good, even "deflated". I do keep them both stuffed when not using, but it sounds like you will be using your bag daily anyway. I wouldn't worry, just enjoy your beautiful bag!
    [​IMG]

8. Thanks so much for your pictures! That really does help.

9. What do you all stuff them with?

10. I stuff mine with clean, folded towels. Here's a pic of my Emp Artsy for reference: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395686536.853831.jpg

11. Sorry, kind of blurry. :sad:

12. This is gorgeous!!

13. Thank you! :smile:

14. I stuff mine with a little pillow.

15. it looks like it been used A LOT and the leather has been soften.