Empreinte Artsy or Mahina - Opinions

alexandra28

Hermes, Chanel & LV
O.G.
Jun 5, 2009
Hi everybody, i was almost set to get the Empreinte Artsy. As i absolutely love the new leather, colors, etc... I should be getting some money by Friday and will be treating myself to the gift of the year :biggrin:

But then i went to LV and saw the Mahina L on me and I fell in love again with it. I asked the SA to give me both bags and i tried both and i honestly loved them both on me. They look very different. It is hard to choose. I am aware that Mahina is a lot more than the Artsy. But let's assume that will not be an issue.

A few of my questions are, if you have both which one do you use more? Is the mahina high maintance? Is the weight of the Arty Empreinte a big issue for you? Would you recommend one over the other one and why?

Thank you all in advance for your comments. I appreciate them.

I have 3 Mahina L's -- I bought an Empriente Artsy when they were first released, then returned it to wait for the Coquille L. The Artsy is a gorgeous bag, but the base was too wide and structured for me.

I have 3 Mahina L's -- I bought an Empriente Artsy when they were first released, then returned it to wait for the Coquille L. The Artsy is a gorgeous bag, but the base was too wide and structured for me.

OMG! The Coquille L is sooooo beautiful!!!! The website does not do justice on how beautiful that color is.

For a durable bag with little maintenance, go for emp. The leather will seasoned and soften over time.

For luxurious feel, mahina. Mahina used to weigh a fair bit but I think the recent batches, the mahina leather is thinner and hence the weigh is more manageable.

I have the mahina, xl and xs though, and the empereinte but tote, not artsy. i find the xl mahina to be heavier but it's not too delicate. i am using my tote more but i think that it is because it's newer and has a pretty matching wallet. if i could only keep one, i would def pick my mahina simply because i like it more. go with your gut. if you get the artsy you may always want the mahina and regret not buying it. best of luck to you, they're both great bags!

I have both the xl mahina and an empreinte artsy. Personally for me I prefer the artsy. the mahina is gorgeous don't get me wrong but the artsy just looks more "luxe" to me....the overall shape, style and details. good luck!