Emporio Armani AW 09/10 apparel quality

zameer

Aug 11, 2008
Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself, My name is Zameer, a design-researcher who lives and works in Amsterdam (Netherlands). :biggrin:

Besides my fun work, I'm actually quite a "fashionista" when it comes to the rest of my interests. Handbags aren't a big things for me, I do own croc-print leather bag from Texier, but that's it. Ok, I also bought the cute retro attache from the Samsonite Black Label (I'm a boy, eh?) :biggrin:

Now I've been breaking a leg to find a forum which has some reasonable intelligent discussions about apparel, and this is the closest I could find.

My big question is about this shirt:
http://www.emporioarmani.com/item/r...l-winter/Shirts/Velvet-shirt/cod10/38135143EI

Very cool thingie: But it's 100% viscose.
Now I bought a jersey shirt, also 100% viscose last year from the Emporio Armani line, but that's bobbling or pilling quite a bit at certain spots.

So, I feel like I'm taking a risk here.
Do you guys/girls thing this one could be different since it's a velvet shirt?

Thanks in advance for thinking along :smile:

zameer

Aug 11, 2008
This really depends on the garments, whenever possible I just use high-pressure hand-steamer, and if the are spots, alcohol and soap-free cleansers. Basically dry-cleaning in the most literal sense.If that won't do, it's usually handwash time.

But then velvet might require some brushing. If it's not a properly woven fabric, this might be a not so very good idea. I really don't know.

At Armani they have the habit of being very creative with fabrics and fibres. Sometimes cool stuff comes out, sometimes things that I regard as design-mistakes: Like the microfibre cardigans from the Armani Collezioni line last year. Which looks really cool, but microfibre is invented to soak up just about anything you throw at it. Imagine having wine or coffee stains on that things.

So, that's why I'm a bit careful at all this "innovative" stuff at Armani.

randr21

Watch "The Cove"
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
asked my SO who used to work as a SA at EA for menswear. btw, he has one too and i always make fun of his velvet shirt.

this is what he said:
"first of all this is a dry clean only shirt. also, viscose does not breathe very well, so it'll be hot as hell. it won't pill, but it will "wear through" because it's a fabric, so it'll still look bad if you wear it often enough b/c viscose is a very delicate fabric."

also, his cost $750 so at least it's gone down in price.

Last edited:

zameer

Aug 11, 2008
this is what he said:
"first of all this is a dry clean only shirt. also, viscose does not breathe very well, so it'll be hot as hell. it won't pill, but it will "wear through" because it's a fabric, so it'll still look bad if you wear it often enough b/c viscose is a very delicate fabric."
Ah, thanks for asking! .. I bought it today at the EA store in Antwerp, and it looked fairly rigid for something from viscose, also the one I bought has a lined interior. I was a bit hesitant to buy it because it's quite a roomy/baggy shirt (compared to my other shirts), but once I wore it, it does fall like a slim-fit over my body.
The additional care instruction I got with it was to not let it come in contact with water of any kind, since it will destroy the color finish.

also, his cost $750 so at least it's gone down in price.
[/QUOTE]

Woow, with that amount of money one could buy himself a very decent cardigan.

asked my SO who used to work as a SA at EA for menswear. btw, he has one too and i always make fun of his velvet shirt.
heh, when I'll post a pic of the look of me in that shirt, you can make fun of me as well. :biggrin: