Employee Discount?

If I currently worked for COACH there is NO WAY that I would gab about pay, dicounts and item limitations!!! You may also want to consider that some of these women have worked for Coach for YEARS, before they were so "hot." Maybe they feel that so many want to work there now simply for the dicount or to try and buck the system and re-sell on the bay!!! I wouldn't talk, and even if I didn't work for them anymore, there's a 99.99% chance that I still wouldn't TALK!!!

Yes, the discount would be nice...we'd all love to have that!!! Just consider what Coach needs to consider now-a-days when hiring though. They have to make sure that you aren't going to be a fair weather employee, get what you want for yourself, friends & family members and get out!! They still need quality employee's (and I'm not saying that we ALL wouldn't be) but it costs them money to hire and train!!! Why go thru ALL THAT so that someone can come into their store, get discounted merchandise, not show up for shifts or call in all the time because they don't take the job seriously because they're there to get what they want and don't care about being a QUALITY EMPLOYEE!!!

JMHO.

If my mall ever got a boutique, I'd gun for a job so that I could grow within the company!! I'm not saying that those who inquire wouldn't be GREAT EMPLOYEE'S (infact I bet they would) but it's really just something to think about!!! I've been a merchandising manager before, I can't imagine being able to merchandise with COACH products!!! YUMMY!!!

My best friends husband works at Coach HQ in New York City and he gets 60% off any bag. I don't think he has a limit as to how many he can purchase. All he has to do it go with me to the mall to purchase the bag or he can order it via their Coach intranet. But he has to actually pay for the purchase. He's purchased quite a few bags for me in the past! I usually ask him to purchase the more expensive bags for me !

Wow 60% that a pretty good discount. That tells us how much Coach's mark up is.