Employee at Gucci outlet arrested for stealing

Wonder if I have seen the guy when I have gone there? I don't know what people are thinking when they do things like this, because they ALWAYS get caught when it gets to be that much.

Reactions: snibor
That’s terrible. What’s wrong with these people. Don’t they know they will eventually get caught!
(You know 2 years ago our UPS driver got caught stealing cell phones. What a shame; his 20 years on the job went right down the tubes. What was he thinking! )

I sometimes think these people want to get caught, it's like a sickness.

I have to say the manager should be in BIG trouble (unless it was the manager :-s ) How do you let that much get past you literally and in terms of figures.

BTW, in reg. Gucci stores, employees have there bags and coats searched upon leaving.

I have to say the manager should be in BIG trouble (unless it was the manager :-s ) How do you let that much get past you literally and in terms of figures.

BTW, in reg. Gucci stores, employees have there bags and coats searched upon leaving.

That’s interesting. I wonder why they didn’t do that for employees at outlet too. Unless it was a manager like you suggested.

That’s interesting. I wonder why they didn’t do that for employees at outlet too. Unless it was a manager like you suggested.

It also says what they've got on him for is $50K since Oct. That sounds like somebody's been tracking him and compiling evidence since Oct, thefts from this individual could go back much further and amount to far more, the Oct-present could be only the tip of the iceberg.

I'm thinking he was stashing the items 1 or 2 at a time, and being pretty creative with how they were hidden. At least in the 2 Gucci outlets I frequent, the employee bags and items are checked when they leave the store for break or end of shift (for managers, too). I wonder if that's up to the manager's discretion? When I was a teen, and worked at a high end mall, one of the managers was caught sneaking out stolen items in the trash (her brother would fetch them from the trash right after). Crazy!

Last edited:
I'm thinking he was stashing the items 1 or 2 at a time, and being pretty creative with how they were hidden. At least in the 2 Gucci outlets I frequent, the employee bags and items are checked when they leave the store for break or end of shift (for managers, too). I wonder if that's up to the manager's discretion? When I was a teen, and worked at a high end mall, one of the managers was caught sneaking out stolen items in the trash (her brother would fetch them from the trash right after). Crazy!
It’s sad how people get tempted so easily and end up making such bad decisions. They essentially ruin their future, reputation and career. Not worth it for a few of designer bags.