Empire State Building Jumper 4/1307

that is awful. new years day last year a drunk man jumped off a bridge near me that is surrounded by loads of bars. he landed right next to a giirl and his head burst like a watermelon. it was really traumatising

He was only 21???? Wow! When I was 21 I was loving life---but then again I've always been a great lover of life. 21 is a great age! I wonder what this poor young man was going through?? WoW! What could be so bad at that age??? I feel sorry for his family and the loved ones he left behind.

So sad. Why would someone want to die like that.

not to get too far into it, but perhaps w/some, it's a spur of the moment decision, as a reaction to something troubling in the person's more immediate life. with others, they may have such physical, psychic or emotional pain or despair, that living is just unbearable. it pains me to think of anyone in so much pain, that viable options seem impossible. sorry if this brings anyone down further.

not to get too far into it, but perhaps w/some, it's a spur of the moment decision, as a reaction to something troubling in the person's more immediate life. with others, they may have such physical, psychic or emotional pain or despair, that living is just unbearable. it pains me to think of anyone in so much pain, that viable options seem impossible. sorry if this brings anyone down further.

I agree,... sometimes i feel even if the family/friends could help it couldn't stop this person from suicide.

What a self-centered action, not only to take his own life, but to do it by jumping out of a window above a crowded street. He could easily have taken someone else out with him.

How awful!

The first time that I went to NY, a young man who looked to be in his early twenties committed suicide by jumping off of our ferry on our way to Ellis Island. We waited as the crew searched for him and about twenty minutes after he jumped, we spotted him floating face down in the water. I had never seen a dead person outside of the context of a funeral, and all I remember thinking was: wow, he had such nice hair, why would he want to kill himself? Yes, odd thought, but I really was disturbed by the whole experience.

I think she meant the person didn't hit anybody when they landed. It has happened before, unfortunately.

yeah, that is what i meant travelbug:yes:

my mil was just telling me about the meaning behind numbers and she told me the number 6 represented the devil..so creepy

my friend's father committed suicide and it just destroyed her & her families lives