Emotionally attached

I have a purple garnet bag...I have carried it maybe 20 times. The leather is showing rubbed off spots where the folds in the leather meet on the bag on both sides. Also the purple color has rubbed off on the corners of the bottom of the bag on one side. I will NEVER buy another Coach bag, NEVER.
Everyone knows Coach quality has gone in the toilet over the last several years...

YAY! I'm glad to hear this worked out well. Now I'd definitely recommending spraying that thing with several coats of apple garde (assuming it's not patent?), just in case there is something unusually harsh in your handsoap... according to the bottle, it's meant to protect everything from cloth to leather.

I have a purple garnet bag...I have carried it maybe 20 times. The leather is showing rubbed off spots where the folds in the leather meet on the bag on both sides. Also the purple color has rubbed off on the corners of the bottom of the bag on one side. I will NEVER buy another Coach bag, NEVER.
Everyone knows Coach quality has gone in the toilet over the last several years...

HUh. I have a mahogany garnet and it's still looking good as new, though I change my bag almost daily. I wonder if anyone else has had problems with the plain leather garnet?

YAY! I'm glad to hear this worked out well. Now I'd definitely recommending spraying that thing with several coats of apple garde (assuming it's not patent?), just in case there is something unusually harsh in your handsoap... according to the bottle, it's meant to protect everything from cloth to leather.

HUh. I have a mahogany garnet and it's still looking good as new, though I change my bag almost daily. I wonder if anyone else has had problems with the plain leather garnet?

Believe I have not been rough on this bag...like I said I carried it maybe 20 times straight then put it away and started carrying another bag, I usually carry each of my bags a couple weeks then switch to another one. My Coach boutique sent me an email the other day with the newest PCE offer and an invite to come in for my PCE and special preview. I just emailed them abck expalining my issue with this Garnet and how mad I am that I will not be buying another Coach bag ! I'm anxious to see if they respond and what they say ! I have bought about 7 bags from them.

Believe I have not been rough on this bag...like I said I carried it maybe 20 times straight then put it away and started carrying another bag, I usually carry each of my bags a couple weeks then switch to another one. My Coach boutique sent me an email the other day with the newest PCE offer and an invite to come in for my PCE and special preview. I just emailed them abck expalining my issue with this Garnet and how mad I am that I will not be buying another Coach bag ! I'm anxious to see if they respond and what they say ! I have bought about 7 bags from them.

Sorry to hear this. Why don't you just take it back, and tell them that this shouldn't happen with normal wear?

I saw this coming when I bought the black Garnet - I took a look at the smooshy "shimmery" leather and figured it was prone to fading, similar to that Madison leather that showed fading (Cherry, Espresso, and even some Black Sabrinas were showing up on eBay with awful fading). So I returned the plain black one because it seemed too sensitive. I kept the pieced Garnet because it seems sturdier (no pleating, more structure, patent leather in sections) and was the same outlet price as the plain black.

Good luck! Let us know what you hear back! You probably will have to send the bag into JAX for evaluation before you get a refund or anything.

Emotionally attached to my very first Coach bag Ever...a MFF Soho red satchel. The handles don't fit over my shoulder and I'm a shoulder bag kind of girl, but I can't bear to part with it. It's special to me. And I WAY overpaid for it. LOL! :smile:

I have the Rust XL Garnet and I have used her a lot she still looks as good as new. I did apple her a few times before her first outing, and she has been appled since. So far so good, in fact she got soaked a few weeks back when I got caught in a downpour - she looked visibly dry in about 30 mins, though I'm she was not completly dry for a few hours but there are no watermarks - so I was very happy.

Take it to the boutique during the PCE event, you will get more bang for your buck - and don't forget to reveal!

GL