Emotionally attached

MissDaae

Dec 26, 2009
Okay... so some of you know that I haven't had the best of luck with my Garnet :sad: For those of you who don't, the metallic leather is all scratched up (to the point where one handle is almost completely silver) and the color seems to be rubbing off. I went to my local Coach store, and they kindly said I could switch my Garnet out for a new one or a new style.

But... I am emotionally attached to my Garnet. I love her to death and I've had her since Christmas, but it makes me sad to see the handles all scratched up. What would you guys do? I'm going to switch her out for a new style (I'm scared I'd scratch another Garner), hoping this next purse's handles will be more endurable.

Another thing... I have a girl in one of my classes who has a Coach purse (A really cute Maggie) and she suggested that the soap I was using to wash my hands could have something to do with this. Thoughts?

LuvsElvis

O.G.
Aug 12, 2009
MN
Yes!!!
Get a new one!!! You haven't had it that long so they should exchange it for you!!! Maybe you can find another Garnet on Ebay! (I would have said the outlets but they are gone - at least at mine! )
Good luck!!!
Lynne :biggrin:

BagloverBurr

always in LVoe
Jan 3, 2010
Detroit MI
I can agree with you on being emotionally attached to a bag. My first ever bag was from my DH right after we got married and moved to japan. Now that I know more about Coach, I never use it because I dont like the style, but I still cant bring myself to sell it. I love the fact he bought it for me, as a surprise and it was my first bag.

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Yes!!!
Get a new one!!! You haven't had it that long so they should exchange it for you!!! Maybe you can find another Garnet on Ebay! (I would have said the outlets but they are gone - at least at mine! )
Good luck!!!
Lynne :biggrin:
There was a tan/ivory spectator garnet at my outlet today for 30% off plus the coupon.

pammie20

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
Fort Bragg, NC
I am with everyone else - soap or not the bag should not be having that issue. You can easily get attached to another bag - take the offer from the SA's and get a new bag the problem will only get worse.

mcoop13

O.G.
Apr 12, 2009
Definitely exchange if they offered it- the bag shouldn't have started having problems in such short of a time period!

toxie

happie shopper
Apr 13, 2009
vancouver
go for the exchange! for that price, the bag shouldnt have any problem in such short period of time! even after u exchanged it for something else, & u still missing the garnet, u can always find something off ebay.:smile:

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
Canada
I had an Ocelot Hailey with a similar issue - the black paint was peeling off the silver underneath on the handle. I didn't want to give her up either, and a great tPFer said I could probably keep the purse and get a 40% store credit, and that's exactly what I did.

That way you get to keep your bag and get 40% off a new one - to me that is the best of both world's - depending of course on how severe the issue is. Mine wasn't bad enough that I'm ashamed to carry it or anything (yet). But I switch my purses out every 2 weeks and don't carry them that much, so I'm hoping with the minimal use it gets, it will be OK for a while.

MissDaae

Dec 26, 2009
crissy11- they've already given me 40% off any next Coach purchase :biggrin: But, as it grew worse, I was lucky enough to go in when one of the head-honcho's was there, and he was like "You can exchange it for the same style or different." So... I think I'm going with a different style, even though there are still stores out there with the Garnet.

Thanks so much for the feedback!! It's helping with my anxiety about getting rid of her. I'll miss her, but if the handles are wacky, why have it get any worse?

Thanks, girlies!!

MissDaae

Dec 26, 2009
The trade went successfully :biggrin: I am now the proud "mother" of a signature Charm. I love her to death!!