Emmy and Alana are they a faff?

pheebs

Apr 3, 2008
Are the Emmy and Alana bags a real faff to get in and out of?
I've never tried one on but there a couple available on ebay through reputable sellers and I'm kinda tempted. The only thing giving me pause is that the top flap looks like it would be a pain in the arse after a short while.

So does anyone have one these and is the fafforama worth it?
Thanking you in advance for any and all thoughts on the matter!

Hmmmm, that's what I was thinking Flossie....no point in buying a bag just because it's a bargain, if it drives me to tears everytime I use it.
Thanks for giving me the benefit of your experience :tup:

I've got an Alana & it's more fiddly than some of my bags (Hanover, Mabel) but it's about the same as Roxy. Alana is probably easier than Emmy because it only has a single shoulder strap.

Alana is as faffy as a Roxy eh? Well I put up with the faff of Roxy because I lurve how she looks, but Emmy/ Alana don't make my heart sing so I think it's probably a no.

I'm still in deep :drool: over the midnight mabel, but I don't have a spare £416 (which is the outlet price) so I'll just have to keep my hands in my pockets and not drink any wine and ebay at the same time ;)

Alana is as faffy as a Roxy eh? Well I put up with the faff of Roxy because I lurve how she looks, but Emmy/ Alana don't make my heart sing so I think it's probably a no.

I'm still in deep :drool: over the midnight mabel, but I don't have a spare £416 (which is the outlet price) so I'll just have to keep my hands in my pockets and not drink any wine and ebay at the same time ;)

No wine with ebay!!!! :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Good plan, don't do a Kroquet on us! Alana is slightly less faffy than Roxy as there's fewer buckles but it can still be a bit of an ar** to get in and out of. I'd hang fire for that midnight Mabel!

I've got an oak Emmy and love it. It's not as much faff as a Roxy - although having only used my Roxy once (today) perhaps I'm not the best judge yet :lol:

Generally, you don't have to open the side postman locks to get into the main bag - you can lift up the main buckle and just have a rummage. So in that case, you can have restricted entry into the bag by only opening one strap. With the Roxy, you need to open 3 straps. The two side pockets on the Emmy are really handy as well.

That said, the shape is much more awkward than the Roxy - particularly the Emmy as it's slightly bigger and has two straps. The Emmy is almost as heavy as the leather Roxanne.

If you like arm bags, it's perfect. If you prefer shoulder bags, you should probably wait for the Mabel.

Ooooh Dita you've put the Emmy among the pigeons! I might see if I can get to York this weekend and try one on. I am more of a shoulder/pushchair handle bag kinda girl, but will be able to use an arm bag more this summer as the girl will be walking more and pushchairing less....did that make the slightest bit of sense?

Ooooh Dita you've put the Emmy among the pigeons! I might see if I can get to York this weekend and try one on. I am more of a shoulder/pushchair handle bag kinda girl, but will be able to use an arm bag more this summer as the girl will be walking more and pushchairing less....did that make the slightest bit of sense?

Sadly, it made total sense :lol: The first time I used the Emmy, I had Max in the pushchair and carried the Emmy on my shoulder - no problem at all. It was poking out the back, rather than under my arm - if that makes any sense to you ;) but definitely try IRL if you can. It's a real love-it-or-hate-it bag :heart:

i have a beautiful lemon emmy but i find it too big, i can put up with the flap, i find it easier than my paddingtons to use. but due to the size im thinking about selling it and getting the alana, unfortunately though i have never seen a alana in the same colour!

i have a beautiful lemon emmy but i find it too big, i can put up with the flap, i find it easier than my paddingtons to use. but due to the size im thinking about selling it and getting the alana, unfortunately though i have never seen a alana in the same colour!
The lemon Alana is in the outlets at the moment. It's lovely.