Emilia Tinted blue vs. Soft black 109

I have the double handle on my Emilia and I think it is just a bit too wide on my shoulder, and I have lots of shoulder. I am still tempted to cut the connectors and let the two straps lap over but of course am mortified that I won't like that and there's no going back. I can procrastinate on this longer, however, since my bag is turquoise and is 95% out of season for my wardrobe right now.

hmmm now you get me worried :thinking:
but then i don't like the look of the single strap sticking out of the double braid... maybe I should ask Maria about cutting the connecter between the double braid?

Oh no, Koobaholic, I agree completely that the double strap coming off the bag is the better choice. I would leave it as you ordered it, absolutely. I am not sorry I have the double strap since it defines the look of the bag where it becomes the shoulder straps. It's just me being ouchy!

Yay, glad you decided on Tinted Blue, Koobaholic! Hmm, as for the strap width, do you have any bags with wide straps? The Emilia's strap is about 2" in width, maybe just slightly wider, so if you have any bags around with wide straps, that may help you see if you might have problems with slippage. The shoulder strap for Treesje's Asher and Magnolia, for instance, is actually slightly wider than the Emilia's strap (thanks to the extra pad that it has), so if you try that on and it works for you, the Emilia could be fine too.

Thank you so much ladies!

I am definitely going for the double strap.
I'm just worried about the drop a bit from others' comments, and requested Maria some modeling pics of 5'5" woman carrying Emilia with nothing stuffed in.

So for the lining, I'm thinking about
1. gold
2. something dark reddish for pop
3. tone-on-tone deep blue
in order of preference.

I requested some pics of metallic gold, gold splashed suedes, deep burgandy, and deep blue against the tinted blue leather. What do you ladies think? Any suggestions, photos, or help please?

You all've been so helpful with this! I really appreciate it. Thank you so much for making me feel comfortable here! Being a newbie, I was really nervous at first! I love you all :winkiss::winkiss:
I'm actually really excited about this process! Although it's so hard to choose, at the same time.... It's so fun!

Hmm... can't help you w the drop since I don't have an Emilia. I can tell you the 10" on the Mini E is ideal for me.

Are you getting gold hw? If so I think the gold suede would be beautiful http://forum.purseblog.com/ignes/i-won-i-won-i-won-525037-2.html#post13051466

Dark reddish would be very pretty, a bit dark though. It'd hide dirt better, but harder to find things in. Jred posted this, and said it's look great against TB http://forum.purseblog.com/ignes/my-turn-help-me-choose-o-529600.html#post13199882

Same w the tone on tone. I think it would be pretty and classic, maybe a bit boring? It depends though if you see yourself getting tired of a "pop" lining?

What about light blue?
DSC03554.jpg

Oh oh I remember seeing that Ferarri pic and I loved it! And then I totally forgot. I'm just amazed that you dig up all these relevant pics when I just forget everything! lol

I think I'll go with the "pop"
I just asked Maria if gold metallic is available. If not, I think I'll go with the dark reds. I haven't really chosen the HW yet. I think it's gonna depend on the lining instead of the other way round.
I'm just confused about all these reddish suedes. I CAN'T get the color right. Raspberry looks totally pink at some pics (which I don't like) and dark red with purple undertone at wome pics (which I like). I'm so confused. Maria suggests the gold splashed Raspberry and I'm not really sure about it since I don't get the color of Raspberry....
Ferarri and burgandy sounds nice too but I just don'tttttttttttttt get the color IRL!!!

I feel you on not being able to get a good idea on colors from Maria. She said that she doesn't have her normal camera and the one she's using calls the colors a bit off. But she sent me pics of some greens...a bit off was a major understatement! Is makes it hard because I rely on her photos so much, since it takes so long for swatches to arrive!

Here is a pic of Raspberry suede, true to life, IMO, in full sunlight.
DSC03436.jpg

Just on thing about the spalashed or textured suedes, from what I've read on here they don't have the same pettable quality the plain suedes do. It just depends on what you like about suede.....

Good pic of raspberry suede, SK! It's definitely red, not pinkish. It's a very nice, rich, red. Oh, wait, let me see if I can get a good pic for you! The sun is out and I have swatches of both! Just a sec!!

OK, I'm back! Best I could do with SD winter sun! The sun isn't straight up in the sky so the sunshine isn't straight on the swatch if that makes sense. But this will give you an idea. This is raspberry and light blue suede lining and the small swatch is tinted blue, the larger is black 109.

First one:

101_0610.jpg

Last edited:
LOL! I do too! The raspberry is very rich and regal looking with the tinted blue but the light blue is very calming and relaxing to look at against the tinted blue. The raspberry gives it a more elegant look and light blue is less dressy, more casual. I like the raspberry but my personality would select light blue because that's just who I am. Depends on what look you're after. And depends on what colors one might select later. For example if you know you want black later and want to save raspberry for that bag then go with blue now. KWIM? I don't like duplicating my lining colors since there are so many choices. When I plan my lining I also think ahead, whether I might use that color with a different leather later or not. I hope that made sense!!