Emergency wardrobe advice please!

LVmom

sleepless in The Lou
O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
My son and his fiancee decided to do a simple courthouse wedding-tomorrow. There is a big wedding planned for fall, but this is what they want to do now. Her mother and I have no clue what to wear, they just told us "church clothes". We are both fairly young, so we need to be careful what we choose. She does not want anyone to wear black, and they announced this wedding at 5:00 PM this evening so no time to shop. Now what?:shrugs:

I have this outfit, brand new in my closet:
http://fashion.hsn.com/faith-zoe-sleeveless-dress-with-jacket-ensemble_e-314_xe.aspx

I thought about wearing it with my black knee high Coach boots and a black Neiman Marcus chain handbag with a LV Cherises scarf tied to it, but I have no idea-it's kind of dumpy. The kids aren't answering their phones so I can't ask them.

IF I was in this situation (that wont happen for awhile, im 15!) I would try to find a shift dress in my closet that I could pair with simple beads and shoes. Do you have any dresses? I just think it would be more appropriate then a suit and heels instead of boots.

Nice dress, and it comes with the jacket right? I think you should not do the knee high boots, but instead wear it with sheer black tights or nylons and burgundy/red pumps or even black is fine. I think it will complete the look if you carry a clutch with this outfit.

Yeah, unfortunately my other dresses are black. I agree with pumps, just my only pumps that go with it are Manolos with 3.5 inch heels. I wasn't sure if that was too much, but I am guessing better than the boots,lol!

i don't think the Manolos would be too much. it seems harder to find any type of high heel less than 3-4 inches nowadays :P

my aunt wore a hot pink gown (looked so prom dress to me) and gold gladiator sandals to her son's wedding. so no matter what you choose, you'll be a million times more stunning than her! congratulations on the wedding!

Not to muddy the water too much, but when I saw the outfit, the first thing that popped into my head was "oh oh, that could be interpreted as black." It really depends on how picky your future DIL is. I personally think it'll be cute, especially with the pumps you were describing. :tup:

Fab dress !!! and under $20 wow unbelieable !!! Really doesn't look like black and white from the pic I'm not sure when actuallly on. I suggest adding some great jewelry to add more color. Do you have other lower pumps? Her mom's just 5' . 3.5 inches maybe a bit too height IMO.