EMERGENCY! Sold my Coach bag on Ebay, was packing it up and spilled WATER on it!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I sold my Coach bag on Ebay today and was just getting ready to pack it up... when I accidently knocked over my boyfriend's FULL glass of ice water. Now, there are little stains on the bag where the water was. It JUST happened, so I am praying that it dries. It is an aqua bluish/green color... and the leather is the pebble leather. Is there any way that I can fix this??? Please help!

2. Hi,
    Oops!! I would take and and put it on a hanger and put it a warm dry place. Let it air overnight and see how it looks in the morning. If the spots haven't disappeared, I would email the buyer and explain what happened. You might also have to drop the price a some, if the buyer still wants it.
    Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

3. If it still has the spots send her an e-mail showing so.

PS - always box and bag right after listing to avoid this in the future, or at least box and put away.

4. See if you can let it dry for a day or two, with the darker color once it is completely dry you may not even see it, but it can take a couple of days.

5. i don't have any problem with coach leather before..
    i mean, it rains here everyday and of course, there's water drops mark but all are gone once dried..

6. i agree they should dry. i hope they do. good luck!

7. I can't speak for pebbled leather but I've carried my other leather bags out in the rain and the spots have always dried without staining!

8. I agree with Jelita and runner22.....I carry mine each day, rain or shine, and I've never had water spots that stayed. You should be fine.

9. Give it a day or two to dry. If there are still spots after this, gently try stretching the leather that's stained. Chances are, you won't even be able to notice. I've only had bad luck with vachetta and lamb when it comes to water staining.

10. I agree that it should dry out. If not, you just need to be totally honest with the buyer and send pics.

11. Even if bag ends up ok I would still be honest with buyer about the spill, just because you don't think they can't see it doesn't mean it should not be mentioned. Honesty goes a long way these days...

12. ^^So true bunny.....

13. No harm, no foul - unless it was NWT - jmho.

14. The water will dry and be fine... I do agree with bunny it is better to be honest with your buyer...

15. Make sure it didn't penetrate the lining and leave stains inside.