Emergency!! Keep Sloan Old Petra or Roma Old Petra?

Alright ladies, I've been mulling over this for the past 24 hours and it's time to bring in the big guns...I need your help! So, a combination of being not so happy at work mixed with my obession with Bottega has lead me down a path of buying too many bags! :wtf:

So, I need your input to help me make a decision.

Sloan in Old Petra vs. Roma in Old Petra (i'm obsessed with the OP color...)

So, the back story is that I had seen a fellow TPFer's post of the Sloan Old Petra several months ago and I've been drooling ever since, so one day, as the stars aligned it happened to be on Bluefly! So, I whipped out that CC so quick and got it before you can say "that's a lot of money" I've kepted the bag since I got in a box because I just can't seem to get myself to use it b/c it was so pricy.

Next, I turned my bag obsession to the Roma of course and spent a whole day calling every BV boutique to see if they had it. Apparently, it's sold out everywhere except NAP. So, when NAP had the Roma in Old Petra on sale 2 days ago I also whipped the bag up before I could talk any sense into myself.

Now the dilemma! :cursing: I cannot keep both bags because I also got 4 other BV bags in the last 2 months (yes, did I mentioned that I was depressed about work?!) So, one has to go. But which?

Here is the Pro/Con for each - please help me decide!!

Roma Pro: Super practical, stays on my shoulder well, can use for work b/c it's more formal looking, great for trips, refined elegance.

Roma Con: more expensive than the Sloan, might be tad older (I'm 30), less 'hip'. Plus, I've pre-ordered the Roma in Ferro at Saks (coming in October! it's a gunmetal color) so do I want 2 Romas?

:confused1::confused1::confused1:

Sloan Pro: It's a Sloan in Old Petra!! It's super rare to find, the SA at BV told me that it was a color made for the Asia markets and that I was really, really lucky to get it. It's super chic, and just all around great looking bag. I don't want to send it back to Bluefly and have someone who doesn't appreciate the rarity and the beauty of the bag to have it!! is that crazy?!

Sloan Con: It doesn't stay on my shoulder as well (i've got narrow shoulders). The opening is a little small, so I can't carry notebooks or things like that for work. Tad bit too casual for work given the slouchy shape and I've got two Venetas that kind of already cornered the 'slouchy/casual' handbag category for me in my closet.

I'm so confused and have been walking around taking pictures trying to decide. I feel like I've made a decision one moment and flip flop the next. HELP!!!! :sad::sad::sad:

ps. please excuse the icky blue outfit..just got home from work.

Attachments

• Both Bags.JPG
    Both Bags.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 363
  • OP Roma 1.JPG
    OP Roma 1.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 314
  • OP Sloan 2.JPG
    OP Sloan 2.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Roma OP 2.JPG
    Roma OP 2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 242
  • OP Sloan 1.JPG
    OP Sloan 1.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 232
omg, 2 bags in OP!!

based on the pictures, I like the Roma better on you. When I first saw pictures of the sloane I LOVED it, but when I actually tried it on irl, I didn't like it as much because it was so big and slouchy. Anyways, my vote goes for the Roma!

regardless of anyone else's personal preference, the question is which do YOU like better? it sounds like the only reasons you bought and are holding onto the Sloane are it was an impulse purchase from Bluefly (presumably for a nice discount) and it's hard to find. there is a reason she never came out of her box. so return the Sloane and keep the Roma which seems to suit you better.

You do seem to prefer the Roma, given your comments, and it looks great on you. As long as it doesn't bother you to have 2 in this style (and OMG the Ferro will be stunning), it seems like the better choice. And the Roma will serve you well when you step into a job you actually like!

on first impressions i liked the roma - its practical and very stylish and it looks comfortable and looks great on you!
the other one looks more casual, and comfort is important... but the more i look at it, the more i like it. i think its growing on me
if i were you, and am already getting the roma i would keep the sloan now
if i was only getting one bag and didn't have the gunmetal roma coming in - i would keep the roma
(just what i think :smile:)
good luck!

Do you really have to return one? :devil:

If the decision you are making is based on using a bag as a part of your professional wardrobe I would say the Roma. I'm not completely impartial because I have the OP Roma also. I bought it because I wanted a work bag but didn't want a frumpy briefcase.

I also say Roma because you have 2 venetas and you mentioned they are filling your need for casual bags.

In addition to that, you don't look comfortable with the Sloane in your photos.

Maybe get the Sloane in Ferro instead the Roma. I think OP can be a year-round color.

Of course, this is my $0.02

OMG, both of your bags are so gorgeous! I'd be happy with either one. OP is such a great color.

:biggrin: I guess keeping both is out of the question? Since you're already getting Roma, I'd go with the OP Sloane. I believe that other people have said that the Sloane improves with age, so it'll probably sit better on your shoulder over time.

I like the sloane on you - it's an edgier look and the bag will look better as it ages. The Roma is more conventional. Really depends on what you are using the bag for. I think the Roma in gunmetal will awesome !

do let us know what you decide

p/s is that a limo veneta i see on your bed ? :P

I vote for the roma...it is gorgeous on you! I love everything about it...the structure, the gold hardware, that u can use it for work! It is beautiful on u, or did i just say that!

I'll keep the sloane.

On the picture, it looks so boxy and uncomfortable for you because of the stuffings inside. (my guess..)

I think once you fill it with your personal stuff, the shape will be slouchier and nicer.

I love the Roma too, but you're getting one in October ... I'd rather have different shape of bag than the same ones with different color.

I love the Old Petra colour. So, thank goodnes I'm not the one having to make the decision here. :P

Having said that, I think since you've pre-ordered the Roma in Ferro, stick to the Sloane now. Judging from your work outfit here, the Sloane should be alright for the office, and the OP colour is def suitable for work. I think the Sloane is really trendy chic, whereas the Veneta is more classic chic. JMO.

I want a OP Sloane.

I just got a sloane, so I'm definitely biased towards it. Also if you're already getting a Roma in October, it might be better to have two different styles.

Ultimately, it comes down to what you like, and what style you're most comfortable with. Good luck with your decision!

personally I would go with the Sloane - I think the Roma is beautiful etc but since you are getting it in another colour, I would keep two of it.

I don't know, I just love the Sloane - it looks great on you and is really edgy - like that.