Emergency: Black Box on the floor

Go take a look at it - you will know the instant you see it if it really is something you love :love: I agree with the others who said not to buy it just because it is box - only buy it if it makes you swoon :heart:

I've passed up a bag I'd ordered for the very same reasons, I didn't swoon. You know when something is right - and a black box birkin with phw would do that to me! :faint:

Oh YIKES! MAJOR dilema. Hopefully you can go and see it IRL and if possible bring your other 40 with you. If you can see and hold the bag in person you will know what to do!

If it helps at all I was offered a Black Togo GHW 35 birkin three months after purchasing a BBB GHW 35. To me these two were too similar even though Black Togo GHW was my initial choice. I turned down the Togo....

Lady, the h gods are smiling at you!!! I love it!!! Ok, I would go and see it, see how you feel, if it was me and I was after box, I would snap it up pronto!!!

I only say that because you already have 40cm bags, so you can work the size perfectly well, it is not an unknown size to you, either way, you owe it to yourself to look at it, if it does not sing to you, let it sing to someone else.

We need some reveals from you on your upcoming goodies!!Lol!!

Zoopla, even though both purses are forties, they'll be quite different. I think of box as being much dressier. Do you have time to go take a look at it before purchasing it? I think that's what I'd do.

Good luck!

CG

I think we all need to get over this idea that if it's hard to get, we MUST have it, if possible! These are VERY expensive handbags and we should only buy what WE want/love, not what we're told we SHOULD want/have. In the 18 months I've been on this forum, I've seen people buy/sell SO may bags - getting rid of "mistakes". At one time, one could turn around and quickly sell a "mistake" for what one paid, but no more - in many cases, they don't sell at all, and if they do, ones loses a lot of money. This is just plain ridiculous! We need to think about what we own and what will work for us. Just because it's beautiful, doesn't mean it works! I tried on several bags in Paris at the FSH that were lovely, but they didn't look good on me. I was dying to have a Bearn or long Asap and discovered that beautiful as they are, they would not work for me. I could have wasted a lot of money if I just grabbed one at the sale and bought it and then later realized that it didn't work.

If you have been wanting a black box 40 birkin, then by all means get it. If you are considering it only because it is hard to get, then save your money and get what you want/need.

I think we all need to get over this idea that if it's hard to get, we MUST have it, if possible! These are VERY expensive handbags and we should only buy what WE want/love, not what we're told we SHOULD want/have. In the 18 months I've been on this forum, I've seen people buy/sell SO may bags - getting rid of "mistakes". At one time, one could turn around and quickly sell a "mistake" for what one paid, but no more - in many cases, they don't sell at all, and if they do, ones loses a lot of money. This is just plain ridiculous! We need to think about what we own and what will work for us. Just because it's beautiful, doesn't mean it works! I tried on several bags in Paris at the FSH that were lovely, but they didn't look good on me. . . . ..

A voice of reason, which for me at least - is timely. Sometimes the wait can feel unbearable, and we might need a little H fix until the real gig arrives - and who can blame us in the face of such temptation! :nuts:

Ladies--I saw it, it is not the one. I will only add to my 35s for now. I am good for the 40s. I might even do a 30 or a Kelly for diversity. Now that i know what I want, I am sure it will be easier to find just the right bags.

zoopla, Box is divine & the HW is different from your Black Togo--box with ph looks really edgy & chic, if you love box leather & will use it, do get it. I have a BBB gh but have only taken it out twice as I worry too much about marks & scuffs so it sleeps in the box.