Emerald or Oval

marialc121

O.G.
Sep 25, 2010
I have posted a few months ago while my boyfriend and I were searching for my e-ring. We have finally decided on the setting but still deciding on the center stone. I would appreciate any feedback. :yahoo:

Attachments

• Oval.jpg
    Oval.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 153
  • emerald.jpg
    emerald.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 143
Well, what do YOU like?
Do you like the sparkle of an oval or do you prefer the more organized flashes of light from an emerald?
Have you tried on both? You really need to :yes:

I like both. :biggrin: They both have such different qualities. Unfortunately, the only one I tried on was one with a cushion cut. They will have to custom the emerald and oval so I will have to base it on some imagination, but I will be able to to see the stones and hopefully that will give me some idea.

I'm choosing oval just because I think it's going to be hugely popular due to Princess Diana's ring making a comeback via Kate Middleton!

But it's really a matter of personal preference. You may find that you love or dislike one over the other after trying it on

I have an emerald cut and love emeralds but there are two things to consider:

1. You NEED to try them on. I was dead set on a cushion or oval but when I tried on an emerald I knew it was what looked best on my hand.

2. Carat size should def be a factor...a oval will most likely look bigger than an emerald, so if you are going around 2 carats the emerald would be gorgeous, but if its closet to 1 carat the emerald might look small to you. We had to size up 1/2 carat from what I originally wanted to get the look we wanted.

Oh and as swanky said, emeralds do not sparkle, they "flash" and while they look shiny and still catch the light...it is totally different from the more faceted stones. But with the pave halo you will still get some sparkle no matter the shape!