Embroidered Dionysus quality issues

momo721

O.G.
Nov 13, 2011
IMG_1483254194.027668.jpg

I had my heart set on this bag. Tough to find but finally hunted one down. SA cautioned me that there have been some quality issues with the embroidered beadwork falling off the hand. Major bummer. Can anyone share if this is also their experience or have heard stories? TIA.

View attachment 3562260

I had my heart set on this bag. Tough to find but finally hunted one down. SA cautioned me that there have been some quality issues with the embroidered beadwork falling off the hand. Major bummer. Can anyone share if this is also their experience or have heard stories? TIA.

That's too bad. I haven't heard any buzz about the beads falling off but if the SA is giving you a heads up, stay away from it. That's alot of moolah for possible missing beads LOL!! GUCCI has several styles when it comes to this particular bag. Sometimes we have to move on even though it's a UGH moment. Just step away. You will be glad you did. I tend to stay away from ANYTHING beaded from fear of losing stones. I hope you find something else you love. You have lots of choices.

Agreeing with everyone. It's such an amazing bag and one of the nicest embroidered versions (particularly the hand) but even if it's just conjecture on your SAs part it'll be on your mind.

I don't have any experience with this style. But ITA with the other posters if the SA is cautioning you against it I'd stay away. If you get it and it dose loose beads you'll be heartbroken. Especially at this price point it will be a huge turn off. What's the point of having a bag you can't use because it might fall apart. I'm pretty realistic and know that nothing lasts for ever. However if it where me even if it didn't have beads falling off it would be in the back of my mind, the SA planted the seed. It would diminish my enjoyment of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: snibor
I also really want this bag but it does look a little impractical, like the beads will snag on everything from silks, knitwear to other people...Any one has any experience with this?

I guess beadwork is inherently delicate

Reactions: papertiger
Yes, I can confirm in happened to my Dionysus with lips and lighting bolts design. I lost at least 3 stones on the first day of use. I was annoyed when I noticed, but then decided I love the bag too much.. so oh well. Since then, I'm missing about 10 stores and I've wore the bag maybe 20-30 times total.

I still love it though, it's so unique, I don't regret the purchase.

Reactions: papertiger
Yes, I can confirm in happened to my Dionysus with lips and lighting bolts design. I lost at least 3 stones on the first day of use. I was annoyed when I noticed, but then decided I love the bag too much.. so oh well. Since then, I'm missing about 10 stores and I've wore the bag maybe 20-30 times total.

I still love it though, it's so unique, I don't regret the purchase.

Thanks for chiming in, no advice can be better than from someone with experience. It is an extraordinary bag though and I can see completely why you still love it. All bags show signs of wear eventually and this can be part of their beauty too.