Embossed Croc?!

AyshaLovesLV

LV & Bal Obsessed!
O.G.
Jun 12, 2008
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was at my local Holt Renfrew when I saw her... see the pict attached. And I'm just not sure what to think... It's the new small city, with not very gold, but not really silver hardware. She was jet black, with nice thick leather. And I have her on hold.

What do you think about the croc embossing?! I don't know how this bag will age, and the leather is just so different! Help!2017-01-14 13.46.01.jpg

I have had one since they first came out (in the 'regular' City size); I LOVE it! It is so posh looking and the leather is wonderful (it does soften over time). I think this will become one of the Balenciaga "classics".

I have the croc embossed classic City size but returned it the first time I purchased it because it looked to stiff and plastic-y. But I couldn't stop obsessing over it so I bought it again and now it's my favorite bag. It definitely softens a little and is just so classy looking and dresses up every outfit.

Reactions: soflawless
100% totally agree, and somehow .. I feel carrying it to a nice/"fancy" event is better than using my Birkin! I don't stress as much .. KWIM?
Is embossed croc more durable and resist to scratch? It’s calfskin with shinning embossed croc effect....wondering if it needs to be baby or if the surface will be cracked as it goes soften.
It’s so pretty & chic. I am thinking to get one if I am lucky to find one.
Thank you!

Is embossed croc more durable and resist to scratch? It’s calfskin with shinning embossed croc effect....wondering if it needs to be baby or if the surface will be cracked as it goes soften.
It’s so pretty & chic. I am thinking to get one if I am lucky to find one.
Thank you!
I would say 'yes', but then again, I have so many Balenciaga bags that truly, I don't use this everyday .. only for when I want to "dress up". I was told by the Balenciaga S/A (who is also a very good friend) that the 'coating' was heat sealed to the Calfskin, so it's not like it's a "layer" per se. As such, I don't see any issue with cracking ..

I would say 'yes', but then again, I have so many Balenciaga bags that truly, I don't use this everyday .. only for when I want to "dress up". I was told by the Balenciaga S/A (who is also a very good friend) that the 'coating' was heat sealed to the Calfskin, so it's not like it's a "layer" per se. As such, I don't see any issue with cracking ..
Thank you so much for ur reply.
I am glad to know that the coating is heat sealed.
Will start my hunting for one:yahoo:

I'm also considering this city in black for a day bag. I have not seen it yet IRL and wondering somehow it would look too flashy or tacky due to its glossy finish? Do you think it's suitable for easy everyday type of bag? Thanks

I'm also considering this city in black for a day bag. I have not seen it yet IRL and wondering somehow it would look too flashy or tacky due to its glossy finish? Do you think it's suitable for easy everyday type of bag? Thanks

I've only seen online pictures but I don't think it's too flashy or tacky. I'm thinking about ordering this bag too. I'd wear it casually with leggings and t shirts in the daytime without thinking twice.

Reactions: Bisoux78
The croc embossed leather is so beautiful! If you want a more sophisticated, luxurious, dressy version of the Classic City bag, then this is perfect. It would look great for work or more dressy events as well. I personally would use it as an everyday bag as well. I saw the Grey and Burgundy Red one in store and they're so beautiful.