Embarrassment at LV?

Have you ever been embarrassed at LV?

• Yes

• No, but I've been embarrassed for others (SA's, other customers, etc.)

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you ever embarrassed at LV (by anyone, yourself included :rolleyes: )? My most mortifying experience was last November with my mom:

M: I really like those new leopard bags you have out
SA:Oh, we don't have one at this store but we can have one transferred if you'd like.
M: For four grand? ha, at that price I'll just get a FAKE.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: oh, and how she thought it was hilarious :cursing:

Has anything like this happened to you?

OMG HAHA that is hilariously cringe-worthy! Your mom sounds cool though (but please don't let her get a fake :P :P )

I went to Salzburg and my mother in law and aunt in law to be, and they were so excited for me. The first time they went with me and they were looking forward to the glamour and all the amazing things they had heard about the experience from me and also throughout the years. They dressed up for the occasion. When we got there, we had to wait 20 minutes to get served, the bag I had just bought had a penmark on it and the manager licked his finger and rubbed the bag.
That was so embarrassing, because it just ruined the whole first impression of Louis Vuitton for them and I felt bad for them having to wait around. And I also felt embarrassed for the manager and that store..

oh my gosh this happened in SALZBURG?? Oh gosh I'm so sorry for that experience o.o I would have thought the people there are more posh and snobby and .... wouldn't be the first to transfer saliva onto LV canvas :wacko:

oh my gosh this happened in SALZBURG?? Oh gosh I'm so sorry for that experience o.o I would have thought the people there are more posh and snobby and .... wouldn't be the first to transfer saliva onto LV canvas :wacko:

They are very posh there. Including this guy. He did in in a very posh way. Lol! But my aunt and mother in law are Austrians so they are pretty posh too. So they put him in his place rather posh. Me: I stood there in the middle embarrassed a little less posh. Lol

Biggest embarrassment (on their side) was when I was searched by a security guard while getting in their London Bond Street store. Obviously I looked cheap (even Jimmy Choo bag didn't help)

We were in Paris right after the Brussels bombing and I had to open my purse to enter any shops/hotels/malls. I don't think they're trying to single you out, but more for your safety!

I was in the Champs Élysées LV and my SA told me that they had to close their bathrooms for security reasons!

I've got a lot of LV bags, and my family sometimes gives me grief about my spending habits. We were all together in Vegas to celebrate my Grandmothers 100th birthday and I said I was heading down to the Strip that evening to do some late night shopping. My aunt and cousin wanted to tag along, which was fine. So we hit the LV boutique at City Center and I picked out a new bag. I went to pay with a brand new credit card and it was declined. My husband paid with his, but my aunt and cousin slowly walked away as I was arguing that it's just a new card and doesn't have a maxed out balance. I'm sure they think I must be in terrible debt and that's why my card was denied. I thought I was going to die right there. I'll add that they were in shock as I was shopping, and kept asking me if I really pay $2000 for handbags. Ugh.

Biggest embarrassment (on their side) was when I was searched by a security guard while getting in their London Bond Street store. Obviously I looked cheap (even Jimmy Choo bag didn't help)

Same happened to me and my husband had to open his coat. They were doing it to everyone and we totally understood. In fact I'd been doing a big shop so felt sorry for the guard as he looked in all the bags and then as they know me well in there the manager told the guard to carry my bags upstairs for me. [emoji3]

Mine isn't in LV but in D&G. My lovely but kinda scruffy friend found a pair of heels she loved and were on sale in her size! She grabbed them, rushed over to the stool to try them on. That's when I saw that a)there was a mirror right behind her and b) her jeans had slipped down to reveal her bottom reflected for all to see. So embarrassing.

We were in Paris right after the Brussels bombing and I had to open my purse to enter any shops/hotels/malls. I don't think they're trying to single you out, but more for your safety!

I was in the Champs Élysées LV and my SA told me that they had to close their bathrooms for security reasons!

Unfortunately it was in a 'quiet' period (no attacks long before and after). I kind of understand but he wasn't nice (think that's my main point) and it's not the experience I'd like to have. Have been there recently (after Brussels) and nobody searched me. Also nobody tried in Chanel.

The feeling I experienced wasn't embarrassment, it was more of a peeved feeling. I was traveling out of the country and tried to purchase a LV bag in Vancouver, Canada. The SA informed me my credit card was declined. I was surprised since I had called the credit card company ahead of time to inform them I'd be using it in Canada and none of my other purchases were declined. I asked the SA if I could borrow their phone so I could call the credit company, since I only had cell phone coverage in my home country. There's an international number on the back of my card, so I don't think they would have incurred international fees. She said no.

I actually felt awful for a woman who was in the Stanford Mall store and spilled her coffee on an Epi Speedy. Actually, I felt awful for the bag more than the woman since she insisted that they bring out a "new" bag so she could see the details since the other one has been "handled" too much.

I left after the woman started crying that she couldn't afford the bag after the SA informed her that she would have to purchase the one she ruined. I am not sure how it turned out but I always wonder about it......
I would have ran, LOL

The feeling I experienced wasn't embarrassment, it was more of a peeved feeling. I was traveling out of the country and tried to purchase a LV bag in Vancouver, Canada. The SA informed me my credit card was declined. I was surprised since I had called the credit card company ahead of time to inform them I'd be using it in Canada and none of my other purchases were declined. I asked the SA if I could borrow their phone so I could call the credit company, since I only had cell phone coverage in my home country. There's an international number on the back of my card, so I don't think they would have incurred international fees. She said no.
I would have said, "Excuse me?" That's ridiculous. I would have wanted to slap her! That sounds so condescending. (No, I would never actually slap someone.)

Our bags were always opened and searched in Paris in September and December, so before and after the bombings. After the November incidents in Paris we were also scanned before entering any store. This is for security reasons and I must say so justifiable too.

Our bags were always opened and searched in Paris in September and December, so before and after the bombings. After the November incidents in Paris we were also scanned before entering any store. This is for security reasons and I must say so justifiable too.

I felt like the upped security was justified considering what had just happened. We also didn't mind it as it was for our security along with everyone else's! We also had nothing to hide. It made line ups a bit longer, but nothing a croissant and espresso can't fix 😉