embarrassing experience: walking problems ---> which flats should I get?

schwarz

Jun 30, 2008
Today I had a very embarrassing experience..
I tried to take a walk in 120cm declics, unfortunately where I live most sidewalks and roads are cobble stone and keep going up and down... I really couldn't walk, I tried to go as slow as possible, I'm sure I looked like an idiot :tdown: (walking on a flat surface and standing is fine, the shoes are quite comfortable)
I think this means I need to get a good pair of flats, I wear my flats to death (when I'm done they have almost no sole and stink:shrugs:) so it would be a good investment :smile: I love CL shoes but I've heard many people speak highly of lanvin flats... I'm not to enthusiastic about spending 500$ on a pair of ballerinas (250$ and lower would be great, and would also consider lightly used ones) and black is a must! From what i know CL flats run TTS or 1/2 up correct? (I know I have a 38.5 in declics) what do the shoe connaisseurs recommend?
thanks in advance

You can still try calling around NM to see if they can find you a remaining pair of the ballerina flats. I bought my camos for $299+tax in the first cut, when I went to NM I saw some beige/teal ones for even cheaper than that.

I recommend Lanvin... I just found a pair on Barneys for $220 (no tax!!) and eBay for $250. They are out there if you know your size and hunt them down. I don't have any experience with CL flats but I know a ton of ladies in here love them. It's all a personal decision!!

side note.. I think it's cute you wrote 120cm heels instead of 120mm.. do you know how high 120cm is?? 1200mm (and almost 4 FEET)... you'd be walking on stilts :P

For under $250++, you can get lots of cute flats. I wouldn't necessarily get CLs. Maybe I'm biased but i do not think that CLs make the best flats for the price. It sounds like you will get a lot of wear out of your flats so I would go with a pair made with rubber soles.

They'll last longer on cobblestone pavements. Since flats don't necessarily offer good arch and sole support, I suggest insoles if you need them.

I would make it a fun project!

Go to zappos.com, shoes.com etc, nordies, saks, neimans! Look around online for styles that you like and if you can, try them on in the store.

Better still, once you've an idea of what you like, post links and pictures in the Glass Slipper sub forum. The gals there will willingly help you!

As for me, I'm very partial to Ferragamo, Cole Haan,and Burberry flats. I also adore Marc Jacobs. But I don't discriminate against brands and some of my most comfortable flats are from Banana Republic. I also really like Cole Haan flats if they have Nike air cushions. I can run very fast in them! :nuts:

My advice is to look around. I prefer leather insoles and rubber outsoles for traction and comfort. But you can always resole your leather soles if your shoes are going to take a beating!

Don't forget that cobblestone pavements can cause quite an impact on your feet. Pointy flats can also 'trip' on rough roads but look dressier.
Do some research and have fun while you're at it! ;)

Thanks, the more flats I see the more I am pulled towards lanvin ;) I'm gonna wait until the sales and see if I can find a good deal... does anyone know if in general they cost less in Paris?