embarassed by vintage bags?

Vintage bags are the reason I buy LV - they prove the durability and quality of the brand. I love the new styles, but I love to see how well the older bags have held up, and the beauty that they aquire with use. (This does not have to mean black handles.) But a well cared for bag only gets more beautiful with age.

You know that old saying...."They just don't make em like they used to..." I think that rings true even for LVs. I own both old and new. I find the vintage pieces to be better-made/sturdier than the newer ones. LVs are beautiful....old and new.

OK Vanity talking here. I love Louis bags but being retired could never spend 1000's on LV. I have some classic vintage Louis bags( speedy, petit noe, weekend sac. juene fille, etc.) all in excellent condition. I see all your newest style bags in the posts and almost feel embarassed to carry the older bags I have, even if they are real.

Oh I wouldn't feel embarrassed at all - some of us pay over the odds for older, classic, vintage bags! I would wear them with pride!

Definitely wear your vintage!!!!!!!!!!

There is definitely a love for vintage stuff now amongst many people. These are classic bags which never go out of style.

Enjoy them!

Ok this is weird for me because I LOVE the look of vintage bags (I have my mom's old Speedy 30 from the early 90's) but I feel funny carrying them. Don't know why. :shrugs:

But like I said, I LOVE the look of them, they look so refined!

I once took an old Trocadero to LV in order to determine whether it could be restored (interior). The SA stroked it and said it was a great bag and had a beautiful patina. So even they :heart: the oldies!!

Rock your gorgeous vintages! :tup:

You know that old saying...."They just don't make em like they used to..." I think that rings true even for LVs. I own both old and new. I find the vintage pieces to be better-made/sturdier than the newer ones. LVs are beautiful....old and new.

I agree. I have both old and new LVs and the newer ones seems to have more problems with craftsmanship that I have to bring back to the store for repairs. I bought a Speedy 25 a little over a year ago. The stitching on the end tabs became loose and I have to bring it back. My Speedy 30 which I'd purchased many years ago never had a problem.

yeah, i know. i should have clarified, i LOOOOVE a great patina, but when i think of vintage LV's i just think of vvn that has turned a nasty black color. my mom has some vintage LV's that look horrible, i dont even know why she still has them. i also dont consider bags from the 90's vintage. to me, vintage is anything 80's and older.

I'd rather have vintage as opposed to new. Vintage has a history.

lvuittonaddict, when the handles are black, they are dirty. A true deep patina is pretty. :yes:

I have seriously thought to stop buying anything BUT vintage. Just so much better made in comparison... I would love to own a vintage train case... Consider yourself very lucky to have those bags!!!! I would.