eMatrix? Does it really work?

PiojisPink

Pink Lover
O.G.
Aug 11, 2009
I had acne since I was 10 yrs old, by age 16 I was taking accutane, and took it again when I was 18 and 20. Now, at 25, I barely get acne, but I have a lot of scars from all those years of cystic acne. The doctor where I go for VelaShape recommend this treatment , they are currently offering it for $299 a session, and recommend it every 4-6 weeks. I'm reading some reviews online and they seem to be pretty mixed, have you guys ever tried this? did it work? thanks in advance!

I've had 3 treatments of eMatrix done at my derm's office last fall. I have a couple of shallow acne marks on my cheeks. The total cost per treatment was about $335, so about 1k for 3. The pros - practically no downtime. I typically would get it done on a Friday morning and take the day off from work (because you're not supposed to put make up on afterwards, and you really don't want to go anywhere because your face will be a red, like you got a sunburn). Practically no peeling and/or swelling. The only annoying thing was that the tip of the laser leaves little grid-like marks on your face (they are very faint) but you can see them when you look real close. They go away after about 3-5 days. All in all I didn't really see any significant results. So I would not recommend it, especially if your scarring is deep/severe since this treatment is not very effective.

I've had 3 treatments of eMatrix done at my derm's office last fall. I have a couple of shallow acne marks on my cheeks. The total cost per treatment was about $335, so about 1k for 3. The pros - practically no downtime. I typically would get it done on a Friday morning and take the day off from work (because you're not supposed to put make up on afterwards, and you really don't want to go anywhere because your face will be a red, like you got a sunburn). Practically no peeling and/or swelling. The only annoying thing was that the tip of the laser leaves little grid-like marks on your face (they are very faint) but you can see them when you look real close. They go away after about 3-5 days. All in all I didn't really see any significant results. So I would not recommend it, especially if your scarring is deep/severe since this treatment is not very effective.

Hello, have you taken any pictures right after the procedure? I've heard this prodecure from a friend but I did not research this. Would you mind if you share your photos please? Thank you.

Hello, have you taken any pictures right after the procedure? I've heard this prodecure from a friend but I did not research this. Would you mind if you share your photos please? Thank you.
I didn't take any photos actually. If you're considering doing this procedure I would not recommend it. The results are just not that great, and maybe it's because I only had 3 treatments and not 5.

I didn't take any photos actually. If you're considering doing this procedure I would not recommend it. The results are just not that great, and maybe it's because I only had 3 treatments and not 5.
I'm not considering it, I was just curious. But thanks for your experience though. I wonder if would've been more effective if you would've completed the treatment.

I ended up getting the treatment and saw some change after the first one, I'll schedule another one in a few weeks, I have medium dark skin (i'm mixed), and my face got very red and the burning feeling was bad, aloe vera gel helped a lot.