Email saying Priv Message at Purse Forum?

evesorto

O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
Hi,
I had an email today saying that I had a private message at purse forum, I clicked on it. It did take me here but there was no private message. Hoping this was not some phishing thing.
It was about someone writing a paper on why people buy luxury bags. Anyone else have this.
thanks in advance,
Eve

I saw other people posting about this on facebook..I wouldn't do it- the survey pm's that buzz around here remind me too much of the scam emails that I get daily in my email inbox.

Now, I just got an email asking me to update my Hotmail info (definitely phishing and I will foward to hotmail). Not sure if there's a connection but I'll prob spend the day changing passwords. Damn.
Eve

I saw this in my inbox too and had intended to answer the survey. Does anyone know if we are allowed to participate in this type of thing, according to tPF rules?

My immediate reaction was to answer it, but maybe that's because I'm in the middle of a master's thesis myself and I will want as many people as possible to help me out when the time comes to conduct my research! :lol: Unfortunately mine has nothing to do with LV, or my excessive time spent on tPF would be much more justifiable! :lolots:

^TPF doesn't allow market research or academic research. Any posts of that nature get shut down.

Common sense dictates that anyone asking for your email or personal info out of the blue, not as a result of a conversation you've agreed to, is potentially out to use you in some way.

A member PMd a lot of people trying to get them to take her survey which is not allowed here. Is this the topic of your PM?

I'm moving this to Feedback Dropbox as this is not an LV topic.

I got the survey PM last night and this morning it was removed. Thank you, mods. I'll report it next time. (I was trying to be nice to the new member but now I know to report it.) I did not click the link.

Hi,
I had an email today saying that I had a private message at purse forum, I clicked on it. It did take me here but there was no private message.

Here where? What part of here? One of the forums, or your account?

It wouldn't be hard to create a spoof email using a link back here, just like the Hotmail one somebody else mentioned.

If it went to your account, maybe the PM was already deleted by Admin?

Here where? What part of here? One of the forums, or your account?

It wouldn't be hard to create a spoof email using a link back here, just like the Hotmail one somebody else mentioned.

If it went to your account, maybe the PM was already deleted by Admin?

It was a PM.

My PM was deleted by an admin. I saw it last night when it came in while I was on TPF.

I have not checked email yet, but I'll just delete the PM notice when I do.

I imagine others probably got the PM and don't know it yet because the PMs were deleted. They might have an email about the PM though.

A member PMd a lot of people trying to get them to take her survey which is not allowed here. Is this the topic of your PM?

I'm moving this to Feedback Dropbox as this is not an LV topic.

Did admin and mods go into our inboxes and delete the message? It was in my inbox yesterday and although I had no intention of replying, it's gone today.