email from Jackie: compassion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsrk

In deo speramus
Oct 15, 2007
Hi ladies,

I just want you all to know that the person who posted all those things on the Purse Forum the other night has asked me to apologise to you all on the Purse Forum and to Megs on her behalf.

She has told me – and I have chosen to believe this explanation – that she is suffering from some psychiatric problems and had changed her medication, causing her to become paranoid.

She has sent me the following explanation and welcomed us to post it on the Purse Forum on her behalf. She is quite embarrassed about this and I would like one of you to do this for me so that everyone can understand and have some compassion for her as opposed to any bad feeling. I am not angry about this but concerned for her well-being and I would be very grateful if someone could help me out by letting everyone know.

“Due to a change in (psychiatric) medication, along with not sleeping as a side effect of it, it appears I experienced some paranoid behavior.

I've read over the tPF postings, and I'm horrified at what I thought...and wrote. I remember thinking that some of the tPF members were really you, or employees of yours, and that many of the postings were there just to somehow secretly force us to purchase BE bags with us having no control over it, a kind of conspiracy. It's very hard to explain now...since it doesn't make sense now, but seemed to at the time. I also misinterpreted a comment as a threat, felt in danger, and everything seemed to snowball and go downhill from there.

I am also very ashamed and troubled by the comments I made to tPF members. I would send each and every one of them a personal e-mail, but I understand I'm kicked off tPF, and rightfully so. The forum should be a place that is fun and happy...and I feel bad that I ruined that for others, if even for one day. Is there a way you can pass on my apologies to them? It would be very much appreciated.”

Many thanks!

Jackie

What a lovely apology. I'm so sad that she's going through this. I searched her previous posts and they were all so normal. The one day stuff really was such an enormous departure for her previous behavior.

In my turn, I apologize to writer for responding with jokes when she was suffering and in distress.

If you happen to read this thread, magpie!, I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm very sorry to have added to your distress, and I'm sending all sorts of good vibes your way.

After reflecting, though, can I still be a secret agent for Team Jackie? If I promise to use my powers only for good? And if I'm goofing on someone, that someone is only me?

Because I liked being a secret agent.

Oh.... *slapping my head*, I read a bunch of posts yesterday about the secret operation and didn't have a clue what the heck you all were talking about. That must have been some interesting posting.:nuts:

I feel very badly for her and hope that she recovers soon.

Magpie, if you read this, I hope you are doing well. It certainly wasn't your fault, as you were going through a lot at the time, probably without realizing it. Please take care of yourself...

((Hugs)) to you....:balloon:

Some things are out of our control.

I think it took courage for Magpie to come forward and admit to this. To me, that speaks volumes.

Get better Magpie....we'll all be here to welcome you back should you decide to join us again. :flowers:

Thanks for posting this and letting us know about this drsk. That email was very sad and I feel horrible for Magpie.

Thank you Magpie for your apology. I am sorry that you are having to deal with this and I hope that you get better very soon. If you ever want to come back we will always welcome you here. I am also sorry that things turned nasty here and that hurtful names were called.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.