Email bann

kprice1019

O.G.
Nov 30, 2009
Hi all!

I received this email today.. I’m going to guess I’ve made too many returns. I’m not super close to a store have a 1 yr old who’s not the easiest so going is just hard for me right now with little help. I called the 1800 number to check on a refund and asked about this email. She said she doesn’t see anything in my profile stating this? I’m confused. I don’t have anything else I want to buy so it’s probably saving me lol but just want to see others experiences. Recently

287988E3-2373-4639-AE4E-E10CCAA1432C.jpeg

I’m very sorry this happened to you. I think you are probably correct, if you have returned significant amounts, or at least more than you purchased.

We think of returns as problematic for mass retailers, in the sense that returned merchandise is often unsaleable and goes to landfill. But, for luxury brands, these returns may also be difficult to resell bc clients want pristine items. Of course, another concern is the high cost of determining whether an item has been worn; damaged; or even substituted for a fake item. (I am not insinuating that any of these conditions apply to you, only that the amount of work going into processing any return is very costly). I found this article interesting, and there is also a thread about returns. (Full disclosure: I happen to strongly prefer not returning; but I have the luxury of being able to go to a store in person).

Last edited:
I’m very sorry this happened to you. I think you are probably correct, if you have returned significant amounts, or at least more than you purchased.

We think of returns as problematic for mass retailers, in the sense that returned merchandise is often unsaleable and goes to landfill. But, for luxury brands, these returns may also be difficult to resell bc clients want pristine items. Of course, another concern is the high cost of determining whether an item has been worn; damaged; or even substituted for a fake item. (I am not insinuating that any of these conditions apply to you, only that the amount of work going into processing any return is very costly). I found this article interesting, and there is also a thread about returns. (Full disclosure: I happen to strongly prefer not returning; but I have the luxury of being able to go to a store in person).

Why do you think it wouldn’t be listed on my account though when i called?

If you just received the email, it could be a time lag in communication to get the new parameters transmitted from corporate headquarters to the end user. We all know how communication is within the company. The right hand doesn’t always know what the left hand is doing. So sorry this happened to you. More money saved!

• Insightful
Reactions: 880

Yeah, the true cost of doing business isn’t always apparent to the everyday consumer. The most overlooked cost is human resources. (Sales, accounting, shipping - these are all wages) It takes time to process a return and that takes time away from selling. Time is money. Credit card companies also sometimes charge business per transactions. Packaging is wasted (Paper, etc) All this is spent even if the returned goods can be resold there is a loss. So what might seem like a break even situation for the customer because they got their money back, the company still suffered an unrecoupable loss. It may not seem like a lot to the public, but these expenses add up. Thanks for posting the article.

• Thanks
Reactions: baghabitz34 and 880
Yeah, the true cost of doing business isn’t always apparent to the everyday consumer. The most overlooked cost is human resources. (Sales, accounting, shipping - these are all wages) It takes time to process a return and that takes time away from selling. Time is money. Credit card companies also sometimes charge business per transactions. Packaging is wasted (Paper, etc) All this is spent even if the returned goods can be resold there is a loss. So what might seem like a break even situation for the customer because they got their money back, the company still suffered an unrecoupable loss. It may not seem like a lot to the public, but these expenses add up. Thanks for posting the article.
Thank You. I didn’t think of the time lag, but your post made a lot of sense. There is a thread somewhere re chanel returns, where customers have complained that SAs are not at all gracious about returns. While I do believe the client contact should be courteous, I also believe that customers may not realize that the SA is squeezed by both sides. They have to manage both the unhappy customer and the company job requirements that dictate huge selling goals and offer no credit for the time it takes away from selling to process a return.

Reactions: blushnbellinlvoe
Just a hunch but I would not be surprised if the telephone contact did not want to engage you on this issue and may have not been completely transparent/honest. I would move on at this point and not attempt to deal with LV based on the language in this communication. Or, wait a year or so and then attempt to purchase. Sorry this happened to you but they can do what they want- it is their company.

Just a hunch but I would not be surprised if the telephone contact did not want to engage you on this issue and may have not been completely transparent/honest. I would move on at this point and not attempt to deal with LV based on the language in this communication. Or, wait a year or so and then attempt to purchase. Sorry this happened to you but they can do what they want- it is their company.
Yea I didn’t even think of that. I actually have tell refunds I’m waiting from them that I’m more so concerned about then not being able to purchase for a while. ( I’m better off)