eLUXURY

Cat

Member
Jan 29, 2006
3,478
1
I don't know what's going on with those folks.
My hubby purchased the new large Marc Jacobs Multi-pocket handbag in Ferrari Red as my Valentine gift.
He paid extra for express shipping,the bag arrived in a damaged box and it had obviously been retaped,even the fed-ex driver had me take a look at the bag incase I wanted them to return due to an undeliverable condition.

After making sure all the contents were enclosed I took the bag out to find the purse in very dusty condition. I'm so tempted to return it but I don't want to hurt hubbys feelings,as he knew I really wanted a red MJ bag.

I've always enjoyed dealing with them but if these practices continue I'll be putting them on my s%&t list.:sad2:

I will definitely let them hear from me before the days out.
 

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
26,070
112
Toronto, Ontario
Why don't you give them a piece of your mind ? I believe someone else had some problems with eLux (thread somewhere in this forum, the title of it escapes me!) and they offered a giftcard. Your husband didn't pay for a bag in dusty condition, no retail store would let anyone walk out with a dirty-ish bag like that !
 

fayden

latest obsession :
O.G.
Nov 18, 2005
8,064
3,752
big apple
wow, i have never had a problem with elux before. i'll let you know how my fendi arrives from them. at least now i won't be surprised if it comes in like that. return it. or at least definitely complain.
 

ZooMom

Purseaholic
Dec 8, 2005
778
0
The Midwest
Wow! I would expect the package to be in great condition & the handbag inside to be packaged beautifully! I'd let them know about it, too!
 

Buttery

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
1,572
3
Wow...It's so messed up that people are having bad experiences with eluxury.com, of all places. I was planning to order my LV from them, but now, I might just make a trip to the actual store.
 

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
8,589
36
I think monotreme (sp?) had problems with her MJ bag from elux...the MJ Pompom bag? I think she mentioned that it was clearly used.

Put your foot down. Your husband spent all that money, so it should be perfect!!! I deal with vendors on a daily basis, and I'll be happy to call and give them a piece of my mind for you ;) .

Let us know what happens...
 

Cat

Member
Jan 29, 2006
3,478
1
I just got off the phone with a eLUXURY rep.I explained the condition of the package and bag when it arrived they were willing to refund the $37.00 shipping fee hubby paid due to the condition in which the package and bag arrived and that the fed-ex driver had noted it on her log.

Other than the dustiness the bag was purfect,so I left it at that, but did get my point across.;)

The new MJ is the red one,she's my first red bag and I love MJ.s calf leather :smile: If I'm lucky my Chloe paddington in Whiskey will arrive by the end of the month to join them.:lol:

 

vanilla_addict

and a chocoholic!
O.G.
Jan 27, 2006
3,473
499
38
Riyadh
sorry about that horrible experience!! :sad:
but.. cOnGrAaaaaaaaaaaaaatS on your new MJ bag!!!!!!!! :nuts:
please post pics.. is it this one? but in red?
if it is!! then what a BEAUTY i must say!! :love:
eNjOy ur new bag :biggrin:
 

Attachments

Cat

Member
Jan 29, 2006
3,478
1
vanilla_addict said:
sorry about that horrible experience!! :sad:
but.. cOnGrAaaaaaaaaaaaaatS on your new MJ bag!!!!!!!! :nuts:
please post pics.. is it this one? but in red?
if it is!! then what a BEAUTY i must say!! :love:
eNjOy ur new bag :biggrin:
Yes vanilla_addict that looks like it.Mine is the large multi-pocket in Ferrari Red in the picture I posted.

alay,I'm fond of the MJ Venetia in the Cherry Blossom too,I'll be putting that to use this spring :smile: .
 

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
8,252
12
Colorado
Cat said:
I've always enjoyed dealing with them but if these practices continue I'll be putting them on my s%&t list.:sad2:
I am sorry this happened; but, am glad that the bag was not damaged and that they are offering some compensation.

As an aside, I think it is so funny that you have an S-list too. Hubby and I have one - consists primarily of restaurants that have doled out sub-par service/food.
 

monotreme

O.G.
Dec 24, 2005
339
0
Los Angeles
SuLi said:
I think monotreme (sp?) had problems with her MJ bag from elux...the MJ Pompom bag? I think she mentioned that it was clearly used.

Put your foot down. Your husband spent all that money, so it should be perfect!!! I deal with vendors on a daily basis, and I'll be happy to call and give them a piece of my mind for you ;) .

Let us know what happens...

yes, it's me



AGH! they only refunded me shipping and gave me a $50 giftcard.. for a USED bag

good thing yours was new! phew!


yes, elux is being horrible lately...:evil:
 

vanilla_addict

and a chocoholic!
O.G.
Jan 27, 2006
3,473
499
38
Riyadh
Cat said:
Yes vanilla_addict that looks like it.Mine is the large multi-pocket in Ferrari Red in the picture I posted.

alay,I'm fond of the MJ Venetia in the Cherry Blossom too,I'll be putting that to use this spring :smile: .
oh sorry!! did you post a pic??:worried: i think i am the only one that cant see it!!:amazed: sometimes it happens.. i just noticed a pic in one of ur posts here but unfortunatley it shows up like a small x.. i.e. pic not shown!:oh:
arrgh!! i wonder why that happens sometimes!:sad:
 

mello_yello_jen

Designated Shopaholic
O.G.
Jan 2, 2006
9,974
100
nor.cal
www.whereshewears.com
I'm reading the thread and do you know if eluxury shipped the purse in a box like that or if it was damaged in the shipping process? It seems very unlikely that eluxury would ship their products in a damaged box, even if it saves them some money, but still a possibility I guess.

I've never had a problem with eluxury. Their products arrive wonderfully packaged (with those bubble air packets, in a Louis Vuitton box, and then bag in dustbag) and there is very little damage if any on their outer box.

I'm glad your problem got resolved though! That is a GORGEOUS bag, what a thoughtful husband!