ellipse questions

Gamourgirrrl

Oct 27, 2013
I went a little Ebay crazy and purchased a mini Ellipse and the Ellipse shopper. I was craving a new LV but wasn't dying to have anything in the store. I've searched the forum and come across some post on Ellipse's but nothing recent. Is the Ellipse too dated? Does anyone still carry theirs? And finally any pictures on Bandeau's on Ellipses? I'm thinking a bandeau would be just the thing to jazz up an oldie but a goodie!

I always thought the shape was cute- they were more common a few years ago when I first got into LV- I used to see them along with Petit buckets everywhere. I think it depends if you can fit all your stuff and if it's comfy to carry- those are both deal breakers for me. I don't care if a bag is "dated" or not the "It" bag any longer. I carry what makes me happy! :smile:

I have the Ellipse pm. I don't think it is dated at all. I recently bought an adjustable mono canvas shoulder strap for it and started using it as my every day bag. I have been getting a lot of compliments on it.

I love the ellipse style, I still have mine from when I bought it new, I don't think it's dated at all....I don't use it too often since it doesn't fit a lot but it would make great bag for dinners or special occasions...or a daily bag if you don't carry a lot..I just noticed it has the clips to use with a strap, never noticed that on the bag, I love the idea it could be used with a strap too!

I recently bought an Ellipse PM off eBay also. I think it is classy, not outdated at all. The fact that it's uncommon to see one around makes the Ellipse more unique. I love its shape.

Speaking of straps, I just bought a used one off eBay after I noticed the clips on the bag upon receiving it. It turned out to be perfect. Here are some impromptu pics, so please forgive my homey-looking outfit.

Sorry, I don't have a bandeau.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407544268.174594.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1407544334.114820.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1407544441.711644.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1407544510.419612.jpg

Reactions: wildestdreams
I have this bag and although it hasn't been in my rotation for a while, I still love it and wouldn't part with it. I have the same strap as tenKrat and it makes it much more usable for me. After seeing your post I think I will put it back into the rotation!

I love it! Thanks for the pix! I'm totally a shorts and tank top girl, so your "homey" outfit is my cup of tea! I'm really loving the vintage bags right now. Here in North Scottsdale LV's are everywhere and there's nothing more disturbing than seeing a 13year old with the same bag as you. I like being different and I'm thinking the Ellipse is the way to go. Going to the LV boutique to get the new large Comics Bandeau tomorrow. Will post pix ASAP.

I always thought the shape was cute- they were more common a few years ago when I first got into LV- I used to see them along with Petit buckets everywhere. I think it depends if you can fit all your stuff and if it's comfy to carry- those are both deal breakers for me. I don't care if a bag is "dated" or not the "It" bag any longer. I carry what makes me happy! :smile:

I agree. You should always wear/carry what makes you happy. I think that the Ellipse is a timeless classic. I always get compliments when I carry mine.