Ellen on QVC - her own pet food line

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anyone tried HALO? Never heard of it, it's products for Dogs and Cats. Ellen is on QVC this weekend advertising it.

My kitty is a finiky eater, and thought she might like it. Or might not.

2. The only halo product I've tried was their liver treats. I know they specialize in holistic pet products/food. My dog didn't like them, so I passed them on to our friend's dog who did. But they're like opposites, food-wise. Mine is super picky and rarely eats packaged treats as it is, and my friend's will eat anything no matter what it is.

3. I heard Rachel Ray even has a dog food line! If you check in the deals/steals forum, there's a link to get free samples. I hope she models her face on the can hahaha!

First ever celebrity had their own clothing/accersory/perfume etc. and now pet food!? I wonder if Ellen's pet food will come to Canada!

4. ^^^My dogs love Rachael Ray treats!

I havent heard of Ellen having a line, Ill have to check it out.

5. thanks for the freebee tip :tup:

6. ^Your welcome!

7. Rachel Ray's dog food is NOT good b/c it contains corn meal, which is a cheap filler. I am actually disappointed she would put such bag ingredients into her dog food? I thought she "cared." Anyway, I copied and Pasted the ingredients she listed on her website:

"Beef, Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Corn Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Corn Gluten Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydrated Alfalfa, Dried Peas, Dried Tomatoes, Dried Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Olive Oil, Iron Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Dried Parsley, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Mixed Tocopherols, Niacin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K activity), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Folic Acid"
    Source: http://www.rachaelray.com/pets/nutrish.php

Her food also contains grains (ie, corn meal) which is still debatable b/c some of us prefer to feed grain free.

8. Just want to add that seems like Halo's dog food is Good, based on the ingredients they listed:

"Ingredients: Chicken, Whole Dried Eggs, Pea Protein, Oats, Vegetable Broth, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pea Flour, Chicken Liver, Wild Salmon, Flaxseed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Green Beans, Carrots, Cranberries, Zucchini, Alfalfa, Inulin, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Taurine, Folic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Sodium Selenite."
    Source: http://shop.halopets.com/Adult-Dog-Dry-Chicken-1lb

There are no cheap fillers involved and the Protein is @ 28% which seems to be a good level. Halo does use grains though, but thats a personal preference- some pp prefer grain free, some do not.

I always try to look @ ingredients of the dog food because I think celebrity endorsement doesn't really mean its quality.

HTH!

9. Miss Alice, thanks for posting up the ingredients of the Rachael Ray food! I saw the commercial today, and I was wondering about it. I'm not impressed, at all, by the inclusion of all that corn.

On that note, the grains in the HALO food aren't too bad. At least it's not wheat or corn. They use pearl barley, which is generally regarded as a more acceptable grain in food.

10. ^^ You are very welcome, and I totally agree- HALO's grains are not bad. Oats and barley are good grains. :tup: Some people prefer grain free diet for dogs, but again, grains like what HALO has are also good. I guess its just personal preference!

11. Is there anything Rachel Ray won't put her name on? Wishing her 15 mintes were up.
    Obviously Rachel only cares about making money.