Elizabeth and James shoe sizing help??

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
I seriously cannot find any resources regarding how these shoes fit. I've found some cute ones for a good sale price and some I love that are not so sale priced..... :P but I have no idea if they run small or big or whatever. Has anyone here tried them on/own any?

Alsoooo for anyone who read my Repetto post- got the 39.5's the other day. They fit a tad small, there is minimum toe bumpage (but it isn't really noticeable). I think a 40 would probably work for me, especially in the ones that don't stretch a lot (like the patent). Still waiting on the sparkly ones from ASOS. And already checking out new ones :P I'm in love.

hate to give you contradictory advice - but i found that they ran slightly large. i'm typically a 7.5, but i'm a 7 in E&J - i love their shoes though! hope you enjoy them!

Agh, why hasn't TPF been informing me of these comments? D:

@eliza: I hope so!

@elmel: :sad: Are your feet narrow though? I have very wide feet, so I usually order shoes based on whether or not I can fit my fat feet in them than anything else. Zappos was no help for me, the customer rep I talked to had no info on the shoes at all.

I bought a pair from ebay in a size 9. The girl was kind enough to measure them for me and said they were 10.5 inches long and 3.25 at the widest point. Now, most of my shoes are only 10 inches long (my feet are a little over 9.5 inches lengthwise) but I did have a pair of flats I wore to DEATH that were the same length and they fit fine. Also the shoes are pointy, which means my toes wont actually being going that far into them. I think. I've always been confused if a certain length in a flat fits you if the same is true for heels, as your foot sits differently in each.

robyn - i'd say my feet are average width, maybe a little narrow. i have the ruffle bootie pair (where i went down a 1/2 size). but i agree that i sometimes go down sizes in heels anyway - the pair i have is i think a 4" heel, so that might account for me going down in size as well. if your feet are wider i might suggest TTS. enjoy them - the pair you linked to is gorgeous! i am eyeing another pair of E&J too!