Elisabeth Hasselbeck is Pregnant Again!

Jan 23, 2006
52w11g2f5.jpg

Elisabeth Hasselbeck has long been candid on The View about her desire to get pregnant again – and her wish has finally come true. "Elisabeth Hasselbeck, 29, co-host of ABC's The View, announced live on-air today that she is pregnant with her second child and is due in November," ABC said in a statement.

"Tim and I are incredibly thankful and excited," Hasselbeck said in the statement. Hasselbeck and her husband, New York Giants quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, 29, will celebrate their five-year anniversary in July. They welcomed their first child, Grace Elisabeth, on April 6, 2005 – Tim's 27th birthday.

When she returned to The View after a six-week maternity leave, Hasselbeck told viewers: "Grace is amazing. She likes to eat a lot and sleep a lot – just like her father." Hasselbeck's news is the second big announcement for The View in as many weeks: On Wednesday, cohost Rosie O'Donnell revealed that she will be leaving the show at the end of the season.

Extra News Regarding The View:

roseanne-the-view.jpg

Sources have identified Roseanne Barr as the top contender to replace Rosie O'Donnell on The View. Other contenders include Joan Rivers, Whoopi Goldberg, Kathie Lee Gifford and Connie Chung.
"They're missing strong personalities on that show, and that's what they're going to need if they want to keep it going," an ABC staffer close to the situation told the Post. "It's going to be hard for them to follow Rosie," says an industry insider. "Roseanne could be the only one capable of pulling it off."​

Congrats to Elisabeth and her hubby!

As for the top contenders to replace Rosie, I think Joan Rivers would be hillarious. Actually, I think the show should just end. But if they insist on continuing, I don't think I would care for Roseanne much.