ELF eyes lips face cosmetics opinions?

^ Let us know how you like them!

Right now they are doing 50% off best sellers on orders over $25. This includes the HD powder, mineral primer, HD blushes, blush/bronzer powder duos, long lasting lustrous eyeshadows, and a lot of the baked items. Can't decide if I want to order or wait...

This thread's reminding me that I've intended to try ELF (and maybe give up my addiction to luxury/dept-store/Sephora makeup) for years. I loaded up my cart with basics and was ready to check out, but then saw something about 50% off on Cyber Monday in past years... does that happen every year? I'm more than willing to wait a few weeks if it means I can save $50 :smile:
the products are so cheap anyway
if you have a Target in your area, some of the target stores have a large selection of ELF. I recently got a small face powder for travel. It cost $1 but the color (lightest shade they had) is like brown eye shadow on me. But for that price......

^ Let us know how you like them!

Right now they are doing 50% off best sellers on orders over $25. This includes the HD powder, mineral primer, HD blushes, blush/bronzer powder duos, long lasting lustrous eyeshadows, and a lot of the baked items. Can't decide if I want to order or wait...

Oooh! I guess there's always a deal I'm missing out on :P

^ Definitely check their site a couple of times a week if you can. They are running some sort of sale or discount pretty much all the time. You just have to keep an eye on it!

the products are so cheap anyway
if you have a Target in your area, some of the target stores have a large selection of ELF. I recently got a small face powder for travel. It cost $1 but the color (lightest shade they had) is like brown eye shadow on me. But for that price......

Haha, ELF might be cheap, but I am capable of buying WAY TOO MUCH at a go so a sale is still good -- it means I can buy multiples of all of the studio brushes! I hate having to clean a shadow brush to change colors.

I got my gigantic $37 ELF order today. I was like giddy with excitement. Usually when I get that much stuff in the mail it comes with the guilt of how much money I spent... this time, no such feeling. The mascara, liner, and mascara-primer were filed away for later testing, and the brushes broken out for use - they're AMAZING, such an upgrade from my cheap drugstore brushes and surprisingly even better than Bare Escentuals and Laura Mercier! I also happened to really like the makeup remover pen. It's not something you need a fancy one of so I'm glad it was $3 - and it does exactly what you'd think - remove my mistakes much more cleanly than a q-tip or a finger could.

I added the Holiday Set palettes for $3 and am so glad I did... the surprisingly great included lipstick was itself worth it. The eyeshadow doesn't compare to my UD so it'll be given away. Haven't tested the blushes but the colors are great. I do feel like at these prices, given that my brushes and makeup pen were winners, I don't even mind if everything else stinks.

FWIW, my only other foray into super-discount non-drugstore makeup was Missha, like 7 years ago, and that did not work out well. It is possible to buy super cheap products and waste money if ALL of them suck. :P

FYI: CYBER MONDAY IS ON and all of the best things are selling out quickly (some of the highest-reviewed brushes and staples like makeup cleanser sheets). 50% off everything today only.

After I posted that, I picked up the Twinkle Pink Studio blush & Lilac Petal shimmering facial whip on my way home tonight, just over $4 at Target. Would have been over $50 for Benefit High Beam & NARS Orgasm blush! I've already tried out both and I'm *very* impressed with them for the price. The Studio blushes rock!
I've used the ELF candid coral but haven't tried the Twinkle Pink or peachy keen. The stores in my area right now don't have the single blushes so I was going to order from ELF. They offer one time free shipping for new customers. When I went on there I found that the blushes were $3 (as expected) but Twinkle PInk is $1. Maybe they're discontinuing that color?
I've ordered candid coral, peachy keen and twinkle pink. Look foward to getting them and thought someone else might want to take advantage of the Twinkle Pink pricing before it's gone.

I've used the ELF candid coral but haven't tried the Twinkle Pink or peachy keen. The stores in my area right now don't have the single blushes so I was going to order from ELF. They offer one time free shipping for new customers. When I went on there I found that the blushes were $3 (as expected) but Twinkle PInk is $1. Maybe they're discontinuing that color?

I've ordered candid coral, peachy keen and twinkle pink. Look foward to getting them and thought someone else might want to take advantage of the Twinkle Pink pricing before it's gone.

I own both Nars and ELF blushes and while they are not the same to me, they are both beautiful!!

I tried these out years ago when they first got started and wasn't too thrilled, at the time it was comparable to the junk make up sold at walmart in the value gift section, the type of stuff you might buy for a 14-16 year old's "first make up" starter kit. Really dry / patchy powder shadows with poor pigmentation, waxy sheer cream glosses and blushes, hard to apply. Usable with effort, but a definite reflection of the cost.

But... Its been a long time (maybe 7-10 years?) so I just placed a small order to give them another try, see if they've worked out the kinks in some of the formulas.

Oh my have any of you tried their HD blush? I tried the shade superstar over the weekend and I looked like a clown and I am very careful in my application. It was so hard to blend but I love the colour. I just need to find a better foolproof way to apply it!

Oh my have any of you tried their HD blush? I tried the shade superstar over the weekend and I looked like a clown and I am very careful in my application. It was so hard to blend but I love the colour. I just need to find a better foolproof way to apply it!
I haven't tried the HD blush but I have pale skin and a lot of times blush is too bright for me. Using a stippling brush helps. I got the ELF small one for $3.

^ Oooh, I forgot that I have the Studio brow kit in light. I just used it for the first time on Saturday, and I did really like it. I keep it in my travel makeup bag.
Just got this brow kit yesterday. I have auburn hair and I got the light color. I've only worn it once but I really like it so far. I would have thought you'd use the wax to set the powder but they said to do the wax first so I followed their instructions. Need to play with it some more and give it a test of wear power on a long day but so far, better than expected.