ELF eyes lips face cosmetics opinions?

ryrysmom said:
No I don't find it hard to remove. I use Almay make up remover. However, the day after I posted about how the liner doesn't smudge, I went to my friends house and it was 100 degrees and I did have slight raccoon eyes :sad: The liner couldn't stand up to the heat.

Well 100 degrees is pretty hot!

I've posted in here before, but I agree that ELF is hit or miss. Personally, I don't like anything from the $1 line (although I know the $1 empty eyeshadow quad will hold MAC shadows).

The mineral line eyeshadow & blushes are great dupes for Bare Escentuals. I own both lines and I can't tell any difference in quality & wear. I love those!

The Studio line has several very nice products. I like several of the brushes - the flat-top powder brush can't be beat for the price. The stipple brush is also a nice one, like a cheaper version of MAC 187. The studio face kabuki is amazingly soft, like a kitten. :lol: The HD powder is a good cheap dupe for MUFE HD powder, and I like the brush shampoo. The makeup remover wipes work well, but I don't think they're a great bargain compared to any other brands.

I love the elf spf 15 lip gloss (tinted) and clear mascrea for my brows can't really beat the price. I love their studio brushes too great quality. I want to try the minerals eyeshadow especially since it suppose to be comparable to bare essentials.

I like the lipglosses and liquid lipsticks. I also LOVE the eyelash curles. Can't beat it for a buck. I have two pairs. One for home and one in my car. ;) I like the flat top powder brush to. I use it to apply my liquid foundation. Makes it sooo easy to apply. Not a fan of the eyeshadows. Bit too powdery....

I like the lipglosses and liquid lipsticks. I also LOVE the eyelash curles. Can't beat it for a buck. I have two pairs. One for home and one in my car. ;) I like the flat top powder brush to. I use it to apply my liquid foundation. Makes it sooo easy to apply. Not a fan of the eyeshadows. Bit too powdery....

LOVE this brush! It has become a HG for me. I have like three of them lol.

love :
Brushes the studio collection only. Great for the price point.
Clear eyebrow and mascara / Prefect for taming my brows
lip gloss w spf 15 in honey do. Like my lips but better plus the it has SPF 15!

I want to get the mineral eyeshadows, more brushes, and creme eyeliner.

being that its such a cheap brand I wouldn't dare put anything on my face.

Last edited:
knics33 said:
LOVE this brush! It has become a HG for me. I have like three of them lol.

Ya I just recently discovered the flat top brush. So now I'm gonna go back and purchase a couple more. And now that I know the quads hold Mac pans I'm gonna take back my empty Mac palette and buy some of the elf quads. I am currently trying to press my bare minerals loose eyeshadows.

I've probably posted somewhere in here before, but they are definitely hit or miss for me as others have also said. I love their brushes and find that they shed less than some of my higher end ones. I also like their makeup remover wipes, clear mascara, which I use to keep eyebrows in place, and their eyebrow kit. Unfortunately, their lip products and eyelid primer were total garbage IMO.

Love ELF brushes, even those from the cheapest line.

Studio is better in quality but nowadays, I read through tons of reviews before I purchase because I've so many ELF products just sitting around. Really like their minty glosses also.

Personally, I can't stand their polishes - ordered 4 and they were all clumpy, hard to apply and chipped easily.

ShimmerDreamz said:
Love ELF brushes, even those from the cheapest line.

Studio is better in quality but nowadays, I read through tons of reviews before I purchase because I've so many ELF products just sitting around. Really like their minty glosses also.

Personally, I can't stand their polishes - ordered 4 and they were all clumpy, hard to apply and chipped easily.

That's funny, I don't like their mint glosses but love their polishes lol

I feel the same way about their brushes like most of the ladies here. I have most of them for applying make up and IMHO, I think those are much better than higher end brushes. I have one from Ester Lauder, BM, and MAC, but I think ELF is much better because they don't shed as much as my more expensive brushes. I also have their clear brow gel and mascara and they work great for my eyebrows. Wouldn't dare try their face products though.
Ohh, I also use their face glow stick, I forgot the name of it, as lipstick. It's a perfect color of pink for me and stays on very long.