ELF brow products question

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I want to replace my MAC clear brow gel. ELF has a similar gel. They also have a Shape & Stay brow pencil and a kit that has powder and wax.
Anyone tried these?
They have free shipping today so I'd like to order one or more.

I want to replace my MAC clear brow gel. ELF has a similar gel. They also have a Shape & Stay brow pencil and a kit that has powder and wax.
Anyone tried these?
They have free shipping today so I'd like to order one or more.
I tried the powder and wax, but I have thicker eyebrows and found that the product just ended up getting clumpy and matted. I'm sure that if you have thinner brows then it wouldn't be an issue, but when all else fails then run for a pencil. ELF has a good range of pencils and I find that they're good for staying sharp(er) and giving precise little strokes.

I tried the powder and wax, but I have thicker eyebrows and found that the product just ended up getting clumpy and matted. I'm sure that if you have thinner brows then it wouldn't be an issue, but when all else fails then run for a pencil. ELF has a good range of pencils and I find that they're good for staying sharp(er) and giving precise little strokes.
I have powder and pencil.....I wanted something to set the makeup and make it last. I went ahead and ordered the clear mascara/gel and also the powder/wax - more for the wax. At those prices, not much to risk; both seemed to get positive reviews on makeupalley.

I've tried the powder/wax combo & it's fine. I keep one in my travel kit and in my desk at work for emergencies. I really like their brow pomade, similar to Anastasia dip brow. I think it's $2 and it's waterproof and crazy pigmented.

I've tried the powder/wax combo & it's fine. I keep one in my travel kit and in my desk at work for emergencies. I really like their brow pomade, similar to Anastasia dip brow. I think it's $2 and it's waterproof and crazy pigmented.
I got the powder/wax combo and love it. My brows are sparse and this product makes a nice shape and pretty much holds all day. I also got the clear gel but haven't tried it yet.

Is this the one you like?
e.l.f. Lock On Liner and Brow Cream
I've been using the wax/powder combo. At first I liked it but lately it's not staying on all day. Could be partly due to the hot weather. I also bought the clear gel to use over my MAC brow powder. Haven't tried it yet. Looks like there is very little product in the tube but it's so cheap I guess that doesn't matter that much.

I've been using the wax/powder combo. At first I liked it but lately it's not staying on all day. Could be partly due to the hot weather. I also bought the clear gel to use over my MAC brow powder. Haven't tried it yet. Looks like there is very little product in the tube but it's so cheap I guess that doesn't matter that much.

Yup, that's the one! I am pretty sure I bought it in light brown, and it's a cool taupe shade and a darker light brown, if that makes sense. I sometimes use it as liner, and it really lasts. It's very creamy.

Yup, that's the one! I am pretty sure I bought it in light brown, and it's a cool taupe shade and a darker light brown, if that makes sense. I sometimes use it as liner, and it really lasts. It's very creamy.
I got the lightest color in the wax/powder combo so would probably go with the blonde in this one. I'm doing to BBB. If they don't have it, maybe I'll order online. I'm a bit puzzled why I thought the wax one worked so well at the start and now I'm seeing it go away after a few hours. Thanks for the reply.

I haven't gotten this one yet but tried using the clear brow gel on top of the wax/powder combo. That helped make it last all day in the hot weather.

I bought this product the other day.....tried it today and like it. I got light brown. When I first dipped my brush in, if was softer than expected and I got a bit too much on the brush but when I was done it looked pretty good. Then I stopped at TJ Maxx and they had it for $2 so I got another one. Now between the three tins of MAC, and three different ELF products - plus pencils - I probably have a lifetime supply of brow products. Maybe I have a bit of a tendency to over-buy when stuff of so inexpensive :smile:

I had gotten the lock on one in the light brown. I found I had to be really careful applying it with a very light hand; otherwise it would be too dark. So I ordered the blonde/taupe. It's similar in tone and again, because of the soft consistency it's easy to get too much on the brush.
I think the product in the compact with the wax/powder is best for me. The tone of the brown is warmer and goes better with my hair and the product isn't so soft. But it doesn't stay on as long so if I'm wanting it to last for many hours, I need to set it with clear gel.

I love this stuff and have used it for several years now. I prefer the softness of it vs. Anastasia which tends to dry out. I've hit pan on several without them ever drying out or changing consistency.

I love this stuff and have used it for several years now. I prefer the softness of it vs. Anastasia which tends to dry out. I've hit pan on several without them ever drying out or changing consistency.
yes I find the compact with the cream and powder easier to work with and a better color for me than the one in the little jar
I'm almost down to pan on the cream side of the compact but it took quite a while to get there and it's so cheap
For normal everyday wear it's fine alone. If I'm going to have a long day-to-evening I'll use the gel on top to set it

I decided to try Maybelline clear mascara, which is supposed to also be good as brow gel. The container cost a bit more than the elf but contents were like five times as much. I figured it would be just the same. Not.
I had an extra long day last week. Applied makeup at 6am - elf brow stuff in the compact with cream and powder, with maybelline clear gel over it. By 6pm my brows were pretty much gone. I'm quite sure this would not have happened with the elf gel. I think the lock on liner and brow cream would also have lasted longer even w/o the gel over it.