Elementary

1. http://www.cbs.com/shows/elementary/

Did anyone see the premiere? I loved it, easily my favourite new show so far this season.

2. I'll stick with BBC Sherlock and The Mentalist. :P The pilot was a bit slow and boring, just another procedural. :shucks:

3. Johnny miller is overacting, too hyper to be Sherlock Holmes. Don't like the chemistry between him and Lucy liu. Wanted to like it.

4. I was kind of "underwhelmed" ... it definitely wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

I'll give it a few more episodes, though.

5. I def think this beats any procedural CBS has had in a while. It has a ton more personality. Unless you count Hawaii Five-0, which is trolling all other procedurals :lol: I think Lucy Lui and JLM have an interesting dynamic. For sure the best new show I've watched so far.

6. I rather enjoyed it. I didn't see a thread for Lucy Liu's wardrobe, but I was absolutely in love with her wardrobe in Elementary. Very layered looks, fabulous. Does anyone know what labels she's wearing?

I liked Jonny Lee Miller's performance, he had that manic air that the character Sherlock Holmes has (due to cocaine use per the original stories). As for Liu's Watson, instead of the Afghan War (per original stories), they have her dealing with some kind of post trauma brought on by her former career.

7. I saw the first two episodes and so far I like it. I don't think its like anything else on tv right now. After premier I was like o.k. I liked it but not great but I still wanted to see more. Second one I think was better than premier.

I'm going to keep watching and see how it goes. It holds my interest and I like Sherlock's quirkiness.

Its not on this week because of VP debates. Have to wait till next week!

8. Exactly. I thought it was not up to the hype though the premise is interesting.

9. Just watched the last episode and loved it! I think it was the best episode yet. I'm definitely going to keep watching. There is nothing else like it on tv now.

10. BBC Sherlock has both great Sherlock/Watson and decent storylines, plus I love the cinematography.

On the other hand, I love Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu as Sherlock and Watson, but the plots are pretty weak/commonplace.

11. I actually like the dynamic between Holmes & Watson...though I thought Lucy Liu would be better to play Holmes than Watson lol! :P

12. That protagonist from this weeks ep was despicable.

13. Although the show got off to a slow start with me, I'm really enjoying the episodes.

14. Still watching this too, right after person of interest

15. The leviathan ep was really good. So true how holmes described josns family.