Elegant perfume suggestions

I think Chanel, Creed, and Roja Dove all fit the bill. I own Chanel No 5, Chanel Coco, Creed Milliseme Imperial, and Roja Amber Aoud. Contemplating getting Roja Reckless (which smells similar to By Kilian Love Don't Be Shy).

Reactions: Tasha1
When I think of elegant (without any descriptors of favored fragrance notes) I think French floral soapy plus aldehydes. The most obvious being chanel 5 (I don’t often wear it, and for summer I definitely prefer chanel 19, 22, or cristalle. But, I’m actually more of a vintage guerlain, frederic Malle, or amouage person. If I recall correctly amouage gold and Estée Lauder beautiful were floral aldehydic scents. The closest elegant fragrance IMO from Frederic Malle, if your skin chemistry agrees, is vintage Fleur de cassie. The current rendition is sadly very cardboard/ pencil shaving. Caron urn extrait fragrances from long ago were also elegant. I liked alpona.

I’m not familiar with many jewelry house fragrances except Bulgari, but they are almost always well crafted and elegant.

ETA: my notion of elegant is more classic French pyramid structured rather than sing,e note, subtle, minimal, but if the latter is your idea of elegant, then anything by Jean Claude Elena

Last edited:
Depends on what you define as elegant. Sillage and duration also depends on your climate and body chemistry to some extent.

If you're looking for something that whispers instead of shouts, I would recommend most of Jean Claude Ellena's perfumes. The Jardin series for Hermes is easy to find -- Sur Le Nil and Monsieur Li both have a green and fruity note that are lovely and interesting without being loud. The Hermessences series available only in Hermes boutiques has a wide range of options across scent families. Vetiver Tonka if you want something more gourmand with some green/woody notes. Rose Ikebana is a lovely rose floral that doesn't come off too sweet or cheap. Serge Lutens' Fille de Berlin is another rose that I enjoy. Amber Narguile is a lovely amber for something that feels cozy and warm.

I also find some old fashioned men's scents incredibly classy and elegant. Charon Pour Un Homme is a lovely one that can be easily worn by a woman.

Reactions: jess236