elastic stam V normal stam

I guess we need to define "normal" stam. I think it is lighter than some of the previous quilted stams. But, it is my understanding that the patchwork and the quilted stams from this past summer (made of washed goat) were lightweight, also. I'm not sure about any of the new stams, though.

The "Elastic Stams" with patented goat leather were all done with a cotton chintz/oilcloth/raincoat interior which makes them MUCH lighter than any stams done with suede linings, but comparable to other stams with cloth linings. They were done for one season only. The chain is heavy gold hardware.

I own a "Kid" in plum quilted elastic and by far the heaviest part of the bag is the chain.

hmmm ... so elastic would prob be as heavy as the patent dov NAP exclusive? Cause i had that and had to get rid of it. maybe i should just wear it without the damn chain ... that would remove the heavy part, right?

I realised the other day while trying to sell a bag how crap i am at taking piccys ... my hand shakes and it looks like im some dodgey 'cant keep your hands straight' person. sigh. But i will try it again, maybe my mistake is taking the piccys at night time?
Anyways please pray that taking the chain off is enough!

hey gals - well my gorgeous green elastic arrived today and i think she is lighter than patent dove but alas, still heavy. So im just gonna wear it without the chain ... i figure its not like its a neutral or a black .. its shiny and green so i dont need more to make it a 'statement' ... whoo-hoo!