Elaborate Painting

as far as i know everything you want to get done by goyard has to be approved by their team. so they probably decline intricate demands...but idk for sure ^-^'

I think there are 4 "issues" :
1/ the drawing must be approved and must be free of copyrights
2/ the drawing must be "vectorial" = can be done within a computer = simple drawings. Pictures & complex drawings can't be done. Remember it's hand painted...
3/ The price... At least 490 EUR. You have to request for a quotation. It's a special order.
4/ The waiting period. Stripes is arround 2-3 weeks in France. Special drawings could need several months...

Not to hijack your thread, but anyone ever have issues with anything that you've personalized? I am a wee bit concerned as I just shelled out $$$$ for stripes and my initials. Hopefully no one has had paint issues.

As for the question I agree with the above answer.

Are you referring to just a random person or a celeb type?
I've seen several bags that had pretty extensive "drawings" on the St. Louis. I wasn't able to see them up close, from afar they looked amazing.

After time the paint can peel, but I've had personalized bags for years that are just starting to peel.

I'm having a unique personalization put on one of my bags from a local artist that assures me that he has the same paint Goyard uses.

Will show the reveal when done.

After time the paint can peel, but I've had personalized bags for years that are just starting to peel.

I'm having a unique personalization put on one of my bags from a local artist that assures me that he has the same paint Goyard uses.

Will show the reveal when done.

OMG can't wait to see! Will this person do other peeps bags? Where are you located LC? That's good to know that you're just now starting to notice after many years. I am an anal bag keeper lol and would hate to have a peel issue when I baby my bags :graucho:

I am referring to an elaborate painting. I keep thinking if stripes were so desirable they would have simply made it part of the bag. I must think more on this issue, but I am putting in a large order soon and might just stick with initials for now, but even that I want the letters, my last name, "T O N G", jumbled, like on a Franck Muller Watch. So the all the letters are not on the same plane and at random angles, I think that is far more enticing and "special".

That sounds very cool Kennith! I tried to get San Franscicso to let me custom design the St. Louis, such as different coloured shoulder straps and change up the interior, add leather to the inside, a few pockets and such. They refused:lol: The manager said they don't do custom orders, wonder if it's just that location or what?

If you have anything done, definitely post here. I'd love to see it!:smile:

eta- regarding what your previous posts were discussing. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

You have my intentions wrong. I but simply want an Elaborate Painting on the Goyard surface. Defeats the purpose of the timeless brand if I wanted to Bespoke a bag. Although they did a custom Backpack for a Musician friend of mine.

You have my intentions wrong. I but simply want an Elaborate Painting on the Goyard surface. Defeats the purpose of the timeless brand if I wanted to Bespoke a bag. Although they did a custom Backpack for a Musician friend of mine.

No I get you! I was just referring to what I've tried to do. I know what you mean:smile:

As to the post about peeling paint, the paint on my PM is SERIOUSLY peeling (sorry no camera to show how bad). I have had the bag for about five years and waited a year to apply stripes. The paint started peeling last year and now looks pretty terrible.

As to the post about peeling paint, the paint on my PM is SERIOUSLY peeling (sorry no camera to show how bad). I have had the bag for about five years and waited a year to apply stripes. The paint started peeling last year and now looks pretty terrible.

This is my ONLY concern with a Goyard bag. So sorry your bag is peeling :sad:

That sounds very cool Kennith! I tried to get San Franscicso to let me custom design the St. Louis, such as different coloured shoulder straps and change up the interior, add leather to the inside, a few pockets and such. They refused:lol: The manager said they don't do custom orders, wonder if it's just that location or what?

If you have anything done, definitely post here. I'd love to see it!:smile:

eta- regarding what your previous posts were discussing. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

I wonder why the manager told you that. :confused1:

My SA told me that they can customize anything I want.

When I was considering stripes/initials for my St Louis, my SA at Bergdorfs told me that unstructured bags such as the St Louis will likely peel over time. I decided not to personalize that bag, but I did personalize my structured Goyard about 3 years ago. Also, I did see an unhappy customer come in with peeling paint on her Fidgi demanding a return.